Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sib & Cub v Keff Eggs

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by alanlar, Oct 31, 2003.

1. alanlar

alanlar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a med size room and getting a Pioneer AX3. I dont want the room overloaded with gear so I am considering The Focal/ JML Sib and Cub of the Keff Eggs. Usuage will be digital tv, DVD films and music( most types incl classical) from cd. Basically looking for a good all round speaker system powerful enough for film soundtracks with plenty of background!
    I am in some difficulty as because of where I am sound demos would be difficult without a lot of travel.
    I know sound appreciation is a very subjective thing but it would be helpful to hear from others who either have compared and cotrasted both sets or those who have one set.
    Also the rating of the Eggs seems to be 150 watts whereas the rating for the Sibs appears to be 75 wats. Does this make any difference?
    Thanks

Alan

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,905
    The sound made by any speakers system is difficult enough to get people to agree on when discussing their potential use for DVD and TV useage but it's far worse if you intend to use them for listening to classical music.

Both systems that you mentioned seem to have supporters and detractors and for general TV and DVD work you could well be happy with either.

Listening to classical music is a far more intense experience than listening to a film and if you are the slightest bit fussy you will definately need to listen to both setups yourself.

3. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,029
    You need to demo a speaker package with your favourite music, i have the kef eggs for movie and game playback only and i think that they are excellent although i am in the process of updating my sub, but for music they dont even come close to my dedicated stereo speakers.