Shys Home Cinema Room

shy9010

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.......after looking through the thread and having dreaming for a cinema room for years i finally able to build my own when i moved into my new house.
The house needed complete renovations so i was kinda lucky as i designed the room from scratch.

The house had a double room which effectively is a one big lounge. Since i wanted a dedicated room with a screen and a TV on the wall for regular viewing i decided to split the room in half with bi-folding doors so effectively it can be two rooms or one big room. One room for the cinema and one for TV.

My Kit Consists of

Cinema Room:
Optoma HD70 Themescene Projector
Kresta 3 fronts Speakers
Kresta 3 rear Speakers
Krest Center Speaker
8" Gale Subwoofer
Onkyo TX-SR605 DTS-HD Amp,
Xbox 360
PS3,
Nintendo Wii,
AMD X2 Duo 4200 Windows MCE 2005 In LC16 Silverstone case
Sapphire 106" screen

TV Room:
Samusung 50" PS50Q97 Plasma TV
Sky +
Intel 3.0Ghz Prescott Windows Mce

Here Are the Pics:-

This is my the sofa with the projector on top

IMGP0584.jpg

IMGP0589.jpg

IMGP0586.jpg

The Setup:

IMGP0657.jpg

IMGP0661.jpg

The Equipment

IMGP0662.jpg

These are the bi-folding doors when they are closed

IMGP0597.jpg

And when they are opened

IMGP0605.jpg

IMGP0606.jpg

This is the plasma in the 2nd room (Awaiting Custom Made Cabinet For Sky Box and MCE)

IMGP0601.jpg

IMGP0604.jpg

Some Images from the optoma

IMGP0629.jpg

IMGP0637.jpg

IMGP0639.jpg

IMGP0648.jpg

IMGP0651.jpg

wow nice set up :thumbsup:

you really should start thinking about getting an all in one remote though :eek:

thanks alot

funny i got one of those phillips pronto but the hell of it it doesn't seem to wanna work! i havent used it for long time and it plays up. but your right i should invest in another one

Hello Shys,

Very nice indeed mate, I bet that was worth the wait :thumbsup:

The pics look awesome, are they all through your PS3?

I really like the idea of having a HTPC but wouldn't know where to start. Does it load up like a regular PC? Whats the fan noise like?

Cheers. :smashin:

Lovely looking set up! I like the idea that you can open the rooms up to one big room whenever you want!

Btw, a weird comment perhaps, but did you get those curtain poles from Wilkos? :D

Lovely looking set up! I like the idea that you can open the rooms up to one big room whenever you want!

Btw, a weird comment perhaps, but did you get those curtain poles from Wilkos? :D

Erm i am not sure, ii didnt get them, i think they were custom made but i definitely know they are not from wilko's

Hello Shys,

Very nice indeed mate, I bet that was worth the wait :thumbsup:

The pics look awesome, are they all through your PS3?

I really like the idea of having a HTPC but wouldn't know where to start. Does it load up like a regular PC? Whats the fan noise like?

Cheers. :smashin:

Yeah all the pics are through the ps3, the xbox is just good but the ps3 comes in through the hdmi,

HTPC is effectively a normal PC which runs windows Media Center 2005, as i have a network drive else where in the house i just run all my videos/media through the media center,

building one is the same as a building a normal PC just need to make sure it has XP MCE edition,

the case is a media case in that it has nice VFD on the front which shows information of what is playing giving it a media feeling, unfortunately i have several fans running so its not the quietest of things

start by buying a nice case then a motherboard and processor, if u get a motherboard make sure it is one with a HDMI out rather than DVI as it does both the sound and video and the picture quality is excellent, then buy all ya other bits neccessary for a PC

Erm i am not sure, ii didnt get them, i think they were custom made but i definitely know they are not from wilko's

Oh right! They looks exactly the same as the ones we've got up in our house... (living room, bedroom 1 and bedroom 2)

that looks bloody fantastic! which screen do you end up using more?

BY far the cinema screen, ive used quite a few hours on my bulb already, i use the tv more tv series that dont require surround sound and stuff which i record on my sky box although both rooms are inter-linked

This is simply brilliant, so clean and tidy with some great equipment.

The way the rooms are separated, yet become one by folding back the bi-folding doors is inspired.

A really, really great set up you have!! Well done

Great looking place you have there. :smashin:

I'm now wondering if I did the right thing buying a plasma look electric fire, I'm sure that Samsung and a fireplace DVD would be much more practical. ;)

Thanks guys, alot of planning went into it, to make sure no wire were showing, the cabinet is still yet to be made, jus waiting for my carpenter to be free, he needs years booking in advance, and

Everyone i have shown it to have commented on how low the plasma is, however the sofa are low also so when u sit down it is eye level and a good height, i had a plastic tube put in the wall to feed the wires through in to the spacing where the cabinet will go

u right if i had any kids it would be a disaster waiting to happen but luckily for now i haven't any

Personally I'd much prefer a screen at the height you have it rather than high above a fireplace anyday. I considered putting an LCD/plasma above my fireplace and even went as far as buying the mount, but decided that it would be too high for comfortable viewing.

thats got me thinking about seeing how splitting up my lounge would go. parents aren't too keen on the idea.

whats the distance between the sofa and the projecter screen?

id say it is about 5-6 feet away, the room size is perfect for me, the sound it generates is amazing, any bigger and could lose the quality in the sound

ive kinda got nearly everything i wanted....but in the future i will be looking to upgrade my projector to full 1080p, at the moment it is 720p, you can notice the difference with 1080p on a big screen

id say it is about 5-6 feet away,

Hi Shys, surely that can't be right?? 5-6 feet is a bit too close.

By the way I found a local PC shop that deals with HTPC's so they are going to help me build one, just need to get the cash :rolleyes:

Cheers.

that is great just make sure they dont over charge you, the individual components are not very expensive these days, the most expensive part of my HTPC is the case which cost £189, i know PC world and comet sell similar HTPC for silly prices,

great work, fantastic looking rooms!

just a thought, have you tried positioning the centre speaker forward of,or raised above the kit, might aid the sound

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom