1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shuttle PC vibrating

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by morphman, Apr 10, 2004.

1. morphman

morphman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have just purchased a shuttle Xpc and have a problem where teh case vibrates making a horrible metal against metal vibration sound. Anyone else experienced this, and have any ideas how to stop it?

I have looked inside the PC and all components are secured, it seems to be the hard disk (Seagate Barracuda 7200 Sata) which makes the most noise in the PC.

Any ideas?

2. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    morphman:

Have you tried some kind of say fibre washers to cut down on noise / vibration ??

What's causing the noise ?? Case Fan, CPU fan, or something else ??

Not really had much to do with shuttle PC's, maybe having a closer look at see what's making the noise ??

Cheers

Cosmic

3. morphman

morphman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What are fibre washers?

Im pretty sure now that its the hard disk vibrating translating onto the outer casing, which is hitting metal against metal and making an awful vibration sound.

4. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Morphman,

Fibre washers are available for car part type shops, or even use some kind of rubber grommet or strip.

Just ideas......if you isolate the two metal parts vibrating against each other, that should quieten things down.

I'm sure there must be shuttle users out there that have solved this problem ??

Cheers

Cosmic023

5. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Why not use some blue tac it seems to work for speakers etc so why not your pc:)

6. chilpillphil3

chilpillphil3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had this with my new drive, i found the screws holding the drive in position were not very tight, maybe have a go at tightening them a little more.