Shuttle PC vibrating

M

morphman

Hi

I have just purchased a shuttle Xpc and have a problem where teh case vibrates making a horrible metal against metal vibration sound. Anyone else experienced this, and have any ideas how to stop it?

I have looked inside the PC and all components are secured, it seems to be the hard disk (Seagate Barracuda 7200 Sata) which makes the most noise in the PC.

Any ideas?

cosmic023

Novice Member
morphman:

Have you tried some kind of say fibre washers to cut down on noise / vibration ??

What's causing the noise ?? Case Fan, CPU fan, or something else ??

Not really had much to do with shuttle PC's, maybe having a closer look at see what's making the noise ??

Cheers

Cosmic

M

morphman

What are fibre washers?

Im pretty sure now that its the hard disk vibrating translating onto the outer casing, which is hitting metal against metal and making an awful vibration sound.

cosmic023

Novice Member
Morphman,

Fibre washers are available for car part type shops, or even use some kind of rubber grommet or strip.

Just ideas......if you isolate the two metal parts vibrating against each other, that should quieten things down.

I'm sure there must be shuttle users out there that have solved this problem ??

Cheers

Cosmic023

C

chilpillphil3

I had this with my new drive, i found the screws holding the drive in position were not very tight, maybe have a go at tightening them a little more.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 Review, Apple Lossless & Dolby Atmos @ no cost, Sennheiser IE900 review + more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom