1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shuttle Newbie

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Loafer316, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Loafer316

Loafer316
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi. Ive just order a Black SN41G2 Shuttle for my little sister..and i know it sounds dumb but...does it mean i only have to buy an OEM CPU because the shuttle come with a heatsink?:zonked:

Also i've heard that these little shuttles can be noisy. I've heard the 40mm ADDA fan be mentioned for the PSU..i found it for £10..unfortunatly delivery was £8!...anyone know a cheaper alternative!! plus am i coreect in thinking i could replace the rear fan with a 80mm of my choice? like a papst or panaflo?

Thanks for the help ppl.:hiya:

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,850
    It would be cheaper to buy an oem version of the chip - but you could buy a retail version and keep the fan for use if you decide to take the chip out of the shuttle.
    There's a good small form factor area on Kustompcs forum:-
    Kustom PC Forum

3. gab2001uk

gab2001uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You can use the small radial CPU coolers on Athlon chips from http://www.quietpc.com/uk/cpucool2.php and replace or remove the fan at the back completely. It is not exactly silent, but quite acceptable