Shuttle about to launch...

D

Dr Diversity

In the next 30 minutes the shuttle will be going up again. First time since the explosion on landing in Feb 2003. Not sure that I would want to go but, hey, someone has to do it!

Good luck guys!

Good luck and gods speed.

this sort of thing should still be a major event on the tv , instead of just a brief news story after the article about mrs miggins being a lollypop lady for the past 15 years in cornwall :rotfl: :D

I watched it on the NASA / Yahoo web cam. Amazing quality complete with sound. Looking forward to a successful mission.

Just watched it on the plasma in the office restaurant ... 33 miles straight up in 1 1/2 minutes ....

I saw the pictures of two bits falling off! Perhaps bits always fell off and the cameras weren't there to record it in such detail. They may have to use their shuttle repair kit in anger rather just to test its effectiveness in a trial situation

And now they have grounded the rest of the fleet pending investigation of the debris & damage. I bet that NASA are regretting giving the refurbishment contract to the Rover Group

Dr Diversity said:
And now they have grounded the rest of the fleet pending investigation of the debris & damage. I bet that NASA are regretting giving the refurbishment contract to the Rover Group

And TINY for their computers/ displays screens?? :devil:

I notice that the BBC are having an extended breakfast show so that people can watch the Shuttle landing live. They've shown no interest in showing other landings have they ? But as there may be a chance of an accident they are covering it ...... or that's what it seams like to me.

JohnG said:
I notice that the BBC are having an extended breakfast show so that people can watch the Shuttle landing live. They've shown no interest in showing other landings have they ? But as there may be a chance of an accident they are covering it ...... or that's what it seams like to me.

To be fair, only one news network covered the last landing but plenty replayed it. We took it for granted that the shuttle journeys would be routine and safe. Now it is a much less frequent event. Of course there has been a lot of publicity for this and genuine interest. During the school hols you might be glad the children are taking an interest in this rather than Bodger & Badger

Good luck on the landing :) Watch out for the rain & lightning

Dave-S said:
wishing them a safe return :smashin:

Gods speed guys :)

thats what we want dave, but the TV networks - well they want ..... sorry for being cynical.

hope they land ok. fingers crossed :D

Gary

They are staying up for another day due to bad weather at the landing site

so you don't think they are going...wooohoooo !! an extra day in space !! :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

I would

They have now abondoned the idea of landing at Kennedy and are off to land in Edwards Air Base, California

Down safely :) via the internet NASA TV pictures pretty dark, how was it on real TV?

Dr Diversity said:
Down safely :) via the internet NASA TV pictures pretty dark, how was it on real TV?

it was just as dark, but good to see them home.

There are some real pessimists out there who don't think the Shuttle should be used again. I say keep going while there is one ship left to fly !

Who wouldn't go up in one, even with the odds on there being another accident?

I know it might sound stupid, and dont get me wrong i love my life, but id throw my life to the wind for the chance to go into space

JagoPlasma said:
I know it might sound stupid, and dont get me wrong i love my life, but id throw my life to the wind for the chance to go into space

Yeah I wouldn't have to think twice with their current safety record at all.........it's a no brainer.

vonhosen said:
Yeah I wouldn't have to think twice with their current safety record at all.........it's a no brainer.

totally agree with both of you. It is a chance to take the greatest trip possible and I am sure that there is no shortage of astronaut candidates; they have to keep the programme going if they are to finish the space station......where do I sign?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom