• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Shutter override on a compact?

jacobta

Standard Member
I'm about to buy a new compact camera, but I would like to override the shutter. I know I'd be better with an SLR but I was hoping to get something that looks cool and fits easy into my pocket

Does anyone know of any new compacts that offer this feature?

Thanks in advance

gingaman

Established Member
The Panasonic FX500, reviewed here, or the about to be released Canon Ixus 980 IS might be of interest, both are small and pocketable and offer manual controls hence you can specify the shutter speed. the FX500 uses a touch screen which I guess you will either love or hate.

Not many small compacts have manual controls these days, the higher end compacts that do have manual controls are also usually a bit bigger and heavier.

jacobta

Standard Member
I was hoping to get a Sony, but I don't think any have the feature

That Canon though, looks a beast - and BT/Dabs are selling it for just £250.99 which seems good. I wish I could find a review to see what its like, I'm pretty sure it'll be very good though, as all Canons seem to review highly

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom