Shutter Counter On Canon 10d?

D

DARRYLDUNN

I am looking to buy a canon 10D at the moment.
Is ther any way you can tell home many shutter operations have been made by entering into the cameras menu system and if so how would I be able to go about it?

Thanks

DARRYL

Zone

If the file numbering (in the menu settings) is set to auto reset and the card is re-formatted then the counter will start from zero each time the card is re-formatted or will go back one each time a picture is deleted, so I don’t think you can guarantee 100% how many shots it will have taken.

Also if the camera is set for continuous file numbering and you’ve used it to say take for example a 1000 shots and you then insert a new card, the current file numbering will be imprinted from the camera onto the card, so your new card that’s never recorded a shot in its life suddenly reports its taken a 1000!!

SeaneyC

I'm sure there's some German firmware utility that counts the number of actual shutter actuations, but i'm not sure if it does the 10D as i've only used it on my 1 series.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom