Shure

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by yoyo59, Feb 8, 2009.

1. yoyo59

yoyo59
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I've been looking around for some top notch earphones for my ipod and i've noticed Shure are obviously and most likely the top dog, but I was wondering there's so many different types.. wondered if someone who knows alot about them or owns some can steer me in the right direction for the best shure headphones, because these apple earphones just dont cut it. thanks.

2. yoyo59

yoyo59
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    was thinking of getting Some.SHURE SE530.

any thoughts?

3. tdtm82

tdtm82

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Shure headphones are fantastic. I have used a pair for sometime - 2 years - before the wire became exposed. Really good bass levels. Excellent for all types of music but more so for blues, rock and instrumental music. Great for the train but not too good for the tv. The wires were only cut off due to aggressive closing desk door into them (done in error). I can note that write ups which are negative due to this are infact completely out of order as this can happen with any headphone manufacturer if the headphones are used incorrectly.

The biggest negative side to the Shure headphones are the constant maintaining of the wax issue. I am unsure of how the new models are with this but with the previous models I found myself frequently picking wax out in order to receive 2 channel music again.

I recommend these mainly for commuting. Just don't go for BOSE. I'm sick of hearing about how awesome BOSE are when there's so much else for less money. You can spend £40 easily for a pair of SHURE's on the net. I'm in the same boat and need to replace mine. Upgrade or different brand....??

4. yoyo59

yoyo59
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ahh dam my music is mainly Hip-hop/rap RnB and abit of rock & dance.

Maybe sen cx300 are worth a try? seeing as their only 17 pound, I dont feel like getting a low range shure, because that defeats the object, and as you said shure are for more blues music etc.. btw.. now im confused :) lol

5. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,600
    There are a lot of IEM manufacturers out there from Westone, Ultimate Ears, Etymotic, Shure, Sennheiser and Audio-Technica to name but a few

I regard all those cheap canal phones and currently 3rd IEM as part of a (expensive) journey

The Westone W3 and Sennheiser IE8 are considered to have overtaken the Shure SE530 at the top. You cannot do much more but read internet opinions as in the UK it is next to impossible to demo IEMs, unless someone you know owns a pair. Saying that I am hoping the Sennheiser stand at the Bristol Show comes up good

6. yoyo59

yoyo59
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    where could I get some IE8's I've tried play.com and they have them for a good price(£179.99) but out of stock, any other places which are trustworthy like play? thanks alot