Shure SE530 cables

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by adamb1978, Jan 11, 2012.

1. adamb1978

adamb1978
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had my Shure SE 530's replaced 3 times under waranty with the same fault, the cable. Reading on here this is a common problem. The cable has now gone again but this time 2 months out of my guarantee. Is there anyone in the UK that can re-cable them? Shure wont repair them for me so as it stands im in possesion of a £300 pair of earphones that I cant use......anyone have any ideas.?

Thanks

2. bobfoc

bobfoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    Shure won't repair them for you for free, but you can pay them to do it.

Can't remember what the cost is, but contact their repairs department, the details of which can be found on their website.

My 530s got replaced once. Original pair had these hard cables that eventually gave up, and were replaced with ones that had soft cables. These have been good for more than a year now.

My old E3C's have a cable issue now though, so looking to have them sorted out by Shure shortly.

3. Ekso

Ekso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Shure wont repair them as they do NOT have the facility to do so.
    What they will do is let you upgrade to the SE535 at 45% off the RRP at ~260.. Sounds like a fantastic discount, until you realise it is RRP, not actual retail price....AMP3 ( registered resellet) sells for £300 delivered and warranted !

I have the same problem...looking to see if I can get an after-market customisation, even for a hundred quid or so !

Ekso

4. bobfoc

bobfoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    Further to my last post.... Shure no longer repair them.

They used to as I sent my original E2Cs to be repaired a long time ago.

Enquired about getting my E3Cs repaired yesterday, only to be told they no longer fix them. They offered me a 'discount exchange' deal on SE315s for £126. This sucks as they're £127 new from Amazon and this doesn't require me sending in my E3Cs.

Not exactly the best customer service offered from a company!

Revising my previous comment and suggesting the Op to send them off to get a custom reshell. Cheaper and better than replacing them with SE535s :)

5. adamb1978

adamb1978
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, as you say, I have contacted Shure and they won't help me out. Very annoying as only 2 months out if warranty. Think my only options are, biting the bullet and buying the 535. Not happy. Or I have found somewhere that will customise my 530's in a new moulded shell and re-cable for £190.

6. bobfoc

bobfoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    Look at either:

Kozee Sound Solutions - Custom Earbuds & Custom Head Phones

IEMR - Remolding – InEarZ.comInEarZ Monitors manufactured by Fisher Hearing Technologies - 1.800.514.5020

Think they both hover around $155. You will also need to factor in shipping your 530s over, but they do provide stuff for you to do your own ear impressions. Otherwise, look to pay circa £40 to get it done professionally.

I'm looking into these two companies to get something done.

I would personally opt for a reshell than side stepping to SE535s. Reshells also have removable cables.