Shure EC4 repair?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by martin99, Sep 6, 2007.

1. martin99

martin99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi
    My Shure EC4's are about 18 months old and have now developed a crackling noise when ever the cable by the plug gets moved.

Anyone know if they are possible to economically repair? ( I guess a new jack plug could just be soldered on by someone with more skill than I?)

2. will1970

will1970

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I believe shure's have a 2 year warranty so i would send them an email seeing if they can help. They have a good reputation for customer service. It might be good if you still have a receipt but i would give them a shot either way.

Will

3. milkpowder

milkpowder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    x2

Shure have a very good customer service. Email them about your E4c and they'll take good care of you. It would be very helpful if you have the receipt/proof of purchase as they may ask you for it (from personal experience with E500 repair).

4. martin99

martin99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    To round this thread up, I'm delighted to say Shure have said they will change these FOC even without a receipt. I just gave them the date code off the jack plug, and that was good enough.

If only more manafactures had customer service like this.

cheers

Martin