1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shure & ebay = warranty?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by b0rk, Oct 31, 2005.

1. b0rk

b0rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Bit of a random question - I'm very very tempted to buy a pair of Shure E4Cs from an ebay seller - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5825052489
    He has sold loads of them and is based in the US. The phones are new - does anyone have a clue if Shure will honour the 2 year warranty on these babies?

I've read in a couple of places that E4Cs crack every now and then so really want to be covered:)

Thanks!

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,062
    No idea on Shure, but for other new items I have been interesting on buying on Ebay I contacted each company who said anything sold on Ebay would not be covered under their warranty. Might be different for each company though.

3. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,203
    i would drop sure customer services an email asking. the warranty is really important on shures as the left channel for some reason has to cut out on the E2Cs for a few people

4. BenW

BenW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Try looking on 'mobile fun' for shure earphones as they come pretty close to ebay prices

5. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I bought my Shures from the US and I've had them replaced once before by Shure UK, who were absolutely brilliant and couldn't have been more helpful.

6. nabby

nabby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,417
    I'm just in the process of returning some E3Cs that I got off ebay. I emailed Shure and their customer service team were very helpful. I'm sending them my paypal receipt along with the headphones so hopefully they'll fix them/replace them. I bought them back at the end of April this year.
    I'll post the results...Shure told me the turnaround is about a week when I called to get the returns authorisation number.

7. nabby

nabby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,417
    I just got mine back.

And they only went and replaced them with a brand new pair, in a brand new box complete with a new case and new rubbers/foams :thumbsup: And to cap it all off, they sent them by Parcelforce courier.

nice one Shure!

8. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +118
    Idealsound on ebay are authorised Shure retailers.. I also had mine replaced when I popped one of the small paper plugs in one phone..

Top service from Shure!

Matt