Shure e2c

C

chemicalbrother

i was wondering if anyone has the shure e2c, i was considering getting some with the g5 ipod

regards dan

Hi Dan

i havnt got a pair myself but a freind of mine has, and in my opinion they sound fantastic, they bass is pretty good and they completely cut out any back ground noise , so brillaint for using on the underground etc, the problem with this is they work so well, that if you are walking on the street listening to music and a car horns at you to move out the way , chances are you may not hear it!! but sound quality wise they are really good, build quality i thought is ok, but 6 months into them my freind has had to send his off for repair as the left earphone connection has come loose, whether this is his negligence or the standard of build im not too sure, they look bulky but as you have a choice or ear bud attachments they are quite comfortable to wear. i would recommend them

thanks for repleying, yeah i think thats it my mind is sent on them! thats gonna come to about £280 but what the hell its christmas! :rotfl:

chemicalbrother said:
thanks for repleying, yeah i think thats it my mind is sent on them! thats gonna come to about £280 but what the hell its christmas! :rotfl:

christmas a good as excuse as any to spend as much money on yourself as possible!! enjoy and let me know what you think of them!

chemicalbrother said:
i was wondering if anyone has the shure e2c, i was considering getting some with the g5 ipod

regards dan

I would spend extra money for the E3! Or go to some low end inear like ex71.....
How much are you going to spend?

i allready have the sony ex71, they arnt to bad but they are to bassy they nearly give me a headache if i turn up my music to loud and they sound all mushy they dont have good clear dynamics. i was thinking of getting the shure e2c of the apple uk website, i canrt be doing with the hassle of finding any shops near me that sell them, there £70

Funky said:
I would spend extra money for the E3! Or go to some low end inear like ex71.....

I disagree. The Shure E2s are my favourite in ear phones on a performance/£ scale. I've owned the E2s, E3s, E5s and the Sony EX71s. The EX71s aren't even in the same league as the Shures, they just don't come close. chemicalbrother, you should be able to pick up a new pair on ebay for around £45 - £50 delivered. They're excellent and I'd recommend them.

£50 thats alot more reasonable choice thanks for the info about that i can get my cousin who has ebay to order me some, thanks i knew that these headphones were worth it for the money

chemicalbrother said:
£50 thats alot more reasonable choice thanks for the info about that i can get my cousin who has ebay to order me some, thanks i knew that these headphones were worth it for the money

disagree - go for these

http://www.gradolabs.com/frameset_main.htm

the sr60's

truly amazing sound! you will not be dissapointed! got mine from this guy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GRADO-SR-60-h...ryZ40137QQssPageNameZWD2VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i also own the e2c's, along with other in ear phones, and find them really fiddly & as they are put inside your ear canal, they get grubby if you know what i mean

stuart

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I too have the E2cs and i am glad they have a 2 year warranty as Im on my third pair in under 6 months

Dont get me wrong I do like the quality of these but both my returned pairs lost sound in the left channel

Shure replaced them both promptly (might have somthing to do with the case they supply where you wrap them in a circular motion?)

The latest replacements though seem different. the cable seems slightly thinner but this is a good thing Also more choice of ear fittings

I would still recommend these though

a bit worrying as my frineds left channel also went, but lets hope they have now rectified the problem, and if not there customer service is of a good standard

i too agree with the shures, theyre good and have luvly bass and treble and are very good at keeping sound out (and in so only you can hear the music ;) ), i can listen to them all day, i used to have the sony ex71 and these walk all over them, but the shures dont have that sparkle- dont get me wrong there a great set of phones but i was no quite as impressed with them as i would of hoped, but then they are only a little bit more more expensive than my sony's (which were a massive step up from the free ones that came with my minidisc) so maybe im just being critical, i would love to get some e3c's (but im only 16 so cant afford them :( ) as i think these would have the sparkle i am looking for but i would definitely recomment the e2c's if your on a budget, i got mine for £38 posted off ebay used just the once apparently ;) i just hope mine dont break but i spose you just got to be careful with them :)

i gonna try and make a chu moy headphone amp aswell ;)
and see how they sound then. btw i use the shures for movies, music and gaming and they have pleanty of power for watching films- the day after tommorow sounds fantastic through them :devil:

i have a cmoy headphone amp! very good quality. yeah i thought of the grado sr 60 but i dont think they would be easy to carry around on the bus! :thumbsdow and i would look an idoit :rolleyes: its gonna have to be the e2c for me :clap:

Does the CMoy make that much difference? to an Ipod as I'm interested in one

i dont have an ipod but i do have a mini disc player, i cannot tell much difference on a mini disc player but i do have the cheap sony headphone with it, on sources such as my laptop or just any sort of headphone jack it makes your music sound alot clearer and more well defined, gives so good deep base

I have e2c as well. Love them. Make sure you try all the ear buds though because i find medium soft rubber best even though most people will say the foam ones are best.

Dont judge the quality on output from an MP3 player though, thats what i did at first and ended up disapointed. However try them on a hifi/ decent pc soundcard and they're 100% amazing :)

About the cheapest non ebay source: http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/7349.htm

I Got my e2c's a few months back from ebay - £45 delivered from the States. Very happy with them. Yes they are a bit fiddly to fit but you get used to it and the sound is superb. Much more balanced than the Sony's. I also got the ultra soft flex sleeves last week from these people http://www.discountheadphones.com - it has made a significant difference. Much more comfortable than the harder plastic or foam ones and I think the bass has improved - not overblown but richer sounding.

Some semi-IEMs might be a better choice. The Creative EP-630 (which are simply re-branded Sharp HP-MD33S) are supposed to be excellent...they're not quite as isolating as the Shure IEMs, are extremely comfortable and offer similar performance by the sounds of things.

I have used e2c, and ex71 both on an ipod and the e2c are very lacking in the bass response department, whilst clearer than the ex71, the bass is well reduced so wouldnt recommend them. The other downside is that they are a little fiddly to fit so not good for taking them in and out of your ears if you are on the go.

For some reall decent and full on bass earphones try the ultimate ears super.fi 5eb earphones (eb stands for extended bass), they have 13mm dual armature drives and the sound is absolutely class...well with my ipod it is!

chemicalbrother said:

regards dan

Tried the e4c on my iPOD Shuffle this weekend...!

In a word... awesome!!! :smashin:

Unfortunatly I use my iPOD on my motorbike and cannot live with the noise cancelling system... :(

I bought the Sennheiser MX500-White but don't use them, don't like their sound... :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom