1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shure E2C - will they fall out?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by rockhopper, Jun 7, 2005.

1. rockhopper

rockhopper
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As the title asks, I need to know whether these Shure E2C phones will fall out while running.

I've just blown £30 on Sony's new 81 in-ear phones, which gradually fall out. Its so annoying when the music gets quieter and quieter :mad:

So... yes or no? Will they fall out? I could do with as many answers as poss please before eBaying it. Dont wanna waste MORE of my hard-earned.

My other option is to try the large sized ear buds that come with the Sonys, but I havent high hopes for them, despite their great sound quality.

I've also tried some Koss phones, which were even worse :eek: .

PLEASE HELP! :)

2. DeeRigger

DeeRigger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    well I got a pair of these babies for my ipod, never used them for running, (lazy bugger!!) but they have 3 sizes of buds for you to try out. Maybe you just have exceptionallly large ear canals!!

Dee

3. Scarylion

Scarylion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use mine whilst falling off my bike down mountains, and they stay firmly in my ears :)

4. lukey

lukey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    if you use the normal silicon tips supplied or the sponge tips then you will be okay as long as you get the right fit in your ear, ive been using the medium silicons for the last few weeks and must admit when theyre in theyre really in. My last pair of phones were sony ex71 and although i like the sound quality and lightness of feel when in your ears (as they have softer and more flexible tips), the build quality is nothing in comparison...saying that the E2cs feel like youve got two potatoes shoved in your ears but if your used to inear phones you should have no problem

5. rockhopper

rockhopper
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the replies chaps, they could be the ones. Although i've just been reading up on the Sennheiser PX100s. They may be more ideal for running. What do you think?

6. engaged

engaged
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You won't be disappointed with the Shure's; we bought our next door neighbour a pair for his 30th, and he loves them - he used them with his iPod Shuffle and has never had a problem.

I've also got the PX100's, and infinitely prefer the E2c's; you'll find the sound isolation a bonus when outdoors - probably better for your ears as you can subsequently reduce the volume. I'd have thought that they'd stay in your ears better then the PX100's would stay on your head when running.

Get them on eBay from wind130; you shouldn't pay any duty (I didn't) and should arrive within four days (mine did) - think the exchange rate is even better now then when I bought mine!

7. rockhopper

rockhopper
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well, I bit the bullet today and ordered a pair of shure e2cs. Hope they are worth over £40 :rolleyes: (including shipping). I never thought i'd spend that kind of money on something so small! :laugh: . The phones are worth more than my MP3 player :laugh: More to the point though, I just hope they stay in! Just had another hateful experience trying to run with the Sonys! AARGH they barely last a mile!

Thanks the recommendation of eBay, I see these are usually much more expensive!

Does anyone else use these for exercise use?

8. rockhopper

rockhopper
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just thought i'd drop a line to you guys and let you know I have received my Shure E2c phones. I've used them while running tonight and they work very well. I changed to the small fitting spongy things (forget what theyre called!) and they seem to be the right fit for me. Theyre fairly comfortable and STAY IN :thumbsup: . They sound very good too.

Thanks again for your recommendations - they arrived in four working days (from eBay) like you said. :smashin:

I'd say theyre worth the money, simply because they're the only ones that have worked for me after trying many. You can tell these are a cut above quality-wise.

Cheers :)