Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Shure E2C headphones

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by goldy, May 17, 2005.

1. goldy

goldy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been advised that the shure E2C headphones are of great quality and are worth 60-70 USD. Is there anyone who as any experience with these headphones who would like to give me some input? how well do they isolate? The past ear bud headphones I had did not stay in my ears all that well, do these stay in your ears? Are they comfortable? Would they stay in my ears even while doing something such as jogging? I would greatly appreciate a response from anyone that can help me. Thank you.

2. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I'll answer your questions in point form here:
    Isolation on them is good. This depends completely on the seal you get, but after a few tries the seal becomes easy. Isolation, if memory serves me correctly, is around 26db.

They stay in your ears very well. I run with my E5s (I've had E2s and E3s before) and I never have to touch them, which is more than I can say for any other earphones I've had before.

Comfort - this is the big sticking point. Some people hate having things that far in their ears, and so they find them very uncomfortable. Personally, I don't mind, so I find them very comfortable. Shure has released new soft-flex sleeves for the E2 as well, so they'll be even better. However, this is a choice only you can make, and I'd say if you're squeamish about the idea of having earphones that fit inside your ear canal, then they'll never be comfortable to you.

One thing to note about them. The sound, especially the bass, but the sound all round depends hugely on you learning how to get a good seal. They compe with instructions on how to do this, but basically it takes time to get it right sometimes. So if at first you hear a poor, tinny, distant sound, try again until you get the seal right. That is the single most important thing with these earphones.

3. mikeycubed

mikeycubed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +902
    Hi goldy,
    I just bought my E2C's and i have to say i am extremely pleased with them. I would agree with the points above and i would definately buy the ultra soft flex sleeves as well as they made a huge difference for me.
    Try discountheadphones.com, I bought them there for £40 incl. p&p and received them in a couple of days from california to edinburgh!
    Hope this helps.

4. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Try using the newly released flex tips, or the E3c/E5c soft fit tips (the black/dark grey ones which will fit with a stretch). Comfort problems will disappear. I was surprised how comfy both solutions are compared to the 'canal sandpaper' foam tips.