1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shrek Lip sync

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dave Taylor, Nov 13, 2001.

1. Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Just watched Shrek region 1 disc 2, anyone else notice poor lip sync throughout the film.

Although the actors and filmmakers talking in the special features where fine.

2. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, noticed it on my US Tosh 3109, the first dts disc to do so. Haven't tried it on my Sammy 709, though I have noticed lip sync problems on other dts discs on this player.

3. UlricVonLichtenstien

UlricVonLichtenstien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What player are you using?

I have watched my R1 copy on my Sony 725d (a player that has had lipsync probs on other discs in the past) and didn't notice any problems.

4. Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Pioneer 626, I know Pioneer had problems on early players but the 626 was supposed to be fine.

I have had the player for nearly 2 years and this is the 1st sync problem I have come across

5. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yea I noticed that too! I've also got a Pioneer 626D, this is also the first Lip-Sync disc on my Pioneer! I've yet to try it on my Toshiba 100E. It seems to do it right from the start, so it might not be a player problem, but how it plays on all machines. Maybe the DTS track was'nt done correctly. I asked other people in the family if they could notice it and they could'nt. Maybe its just some people can see it more than others.

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My R2 version is fine when playing the DD film, but the extra features are well out of sync using a Tosh SD210. I have never noticed anything before with this machine but this is just unwatchable!!

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is interesting 'cos I had the reverse problem - film fine but documentary out of sync. - player is a Pioneer 535. This doens't help of course but curious if anybody knows why....

D

8. Spencem

Spencem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I noticed the same problem with the DTS disc, although the DD disk is fine, as are the extras. The problem I had was that this was the first disc I tried with my new amp and I spent ages trying to get the centre delay right:mad: