Shows starting this week on ITV4 - reminders!

PoochJD

Hi,

Just to remind all of you, in case you've not been reading my usual TV Updates, (which are here!, that the following shows start this week!

TONIGHT
Dark Skies
- Short-lived sci-fi series set in the 1950's and 60's about an alien cover-up. Stars Eric Close from "Without A Trace". Tonight it's the Pilot Movie, from 8:00-9:50pm. There's no repeat of this show at all on ITV4! :lesson:

TUESDAY
The Champions
- Season 1 Episode 1 of the fantasy drama series. Three agents of an international intelligence organisation are forced to crash-land in the Himalayas - where they receive superhuman powers from a mysterious stranger. 7:00-8:00pm

Andromeda
- The Gene Rodenberry show with Kevin Sorbo (of Hercules fame). Tonight it's Season 1 Episode 1, and the first time all 5 seasons will be aired back-to-back on one terrestrial channel! 8:00-9:00pm, rptd late night!

WEDNESDAY
Traffic: The Mini-Series
- Episode 1 of this three-part drama, based on the UK "Traffik" mini-series, and the US "Traffic" movie! 10:00-11:50pm, each Wednesday night, for the next 3 weeks!

THURSDAY
Schedule Amendment!!!
Earth: Final Conflict
- The Taelons recruit a police captain who's also been press-ganged into service by human resistance fighters, presenting him with an unenviable crisis of loyalties. First episode of the critically-mauled other Gene Roddenberry sci-fi drama. 8:00-9:00pm. No weekly repeats!

SATURDAY
Hardcore (18)
- George C Scott movie from 1979, about a Calvinist from the Mid-West bible belt who searches for his missing daughter. But when he sees her in a hardcore sex film, he takes on the role of avenger! 10:00-11:50pm

SUNDAY
Space 1999
- It's back on ITV! The Sci-Fi classic from Gerry Anderson, with Martin Landau and Barbara Bain. A massive nuclear explosion knocks the moon out of orbit and propels it inexorably away from Earth. On the lunar surface, John Koenig decides his entire crew should stay put, reasoning that to attempt an evacuation would be suicidal. Pilot Episode. 7:00-8:00pm. No weekly repeats!

Pooch

beecee

what channel is ITV 4 on sky digital? i seen the Men and motors coverage of the launch, and thats back to men and motors now, and i cant find it in the planner..... :confused:

can someone point me in the right direction.
ta

ok, found this here!

godzilla

Thanks for the heads up on Space 1999, I haven't seen that in years!
Season one was some of Gerry's best work, season two easily some of his worst...

It's a sign of their brilliance that 30-odd years later I am still watching (New) Captain Scarlet and looking forward to seeing repeats of Space 1999 (or a sign of my immaturity!...)

MartinImber

Damn full hard disc time!

I think I'll have to watch upstairs on the bedroom TV

I like the overnight repeats - it's when it is easiest to record programmes

gargoyle

Damn, so much good stuff on the box at the moment - Randall & hopkirk (deceased), champions, the persuaders, dark skies, hill street blues, space 1999, and all on freeview!
Just wish someone would start showing 'now and again', and nypd blue :( :(

memoryex

ack didnt fekin notice that hsb was on more 4. Good job season1 is on order. I can start from season 2. Anyone have any idea if st elsewhere is gonna be shown?

MartinImber

All this FTA stuff - it's great!

Garrett

Dont forget Department S is also on and I think Roger Moore's The Saint and if you like it The Return of the Saint with Ian Ogilvy.

gargoyle

Department S? SWEET!!! :clap: :thumbsup:

KoThreads

PoochJD said:
TONIGHT
Dark Skies
- Short-lived sci-fi series set in the 1950's and 60's about an alien cover-up. Stars Eric Close from "Without A Trace". Tonight it's the Pilot Movie, from 8:00-9:50pm. There's no repeat of this show at all on ITV4! :lesson:
Crap, missed it the first time on TV and all but the last bit missed it again.

I should read you on a more regular basis PoochJD.

Garrett

gargoyle said:
Department S? SWEET!!! :clap: :thumbsup:
Its on Thursday I think and cones up with this riddle in The Pied Piper of Hambledown

A woman goes to bed early, taking a sedative, to get enough sleep for a beauty contest. When she wakes up the next morning her entire village is deserted. The only clues Department S can find are a man with a shotgun in a home on the outskirts of the village and a freshly-painted mailbox post.

godzilla

Why are they currently advertising the spaghetti western Django as being on tonight at 11pm when Sky's EPG says it is Larry Sanders show? Is there a separate ITV4 Movies channel?

PoochJD

Hi Folks,

Glad that everyone is relatively pleased with ITV4! :clap: I have to say, this is now my most watched channel, other than Five, and they seem to have done a good job sourcing some great shows!

Joe Pineapples - The frequency of ads isn't too bad. Most of the time, they don't have more than 3 ad breaks of about 4:30 to 5:00 minutes worth each. Sometimes though, they'll only have 2 breaks! It varies, so I can't see you'll be better off watching/recording the late-night repeats of some of the shows, but the ad breaks are nowhere near as bad as Channel Whore's are! :rotfl:

Godzilla - "Django" was shown on ITV4, last Sunday night (6th November). However, the sequel "Django Kill!" is being shown this coming Sunday (11th November) at about 11pm, with a late-night repeat the same night, around 2am. Quite why your Sky EPG said it was on last night, when "Larry Sanders" was on, I don't know. Sounds like it was an error on the EPG data.

Pooch

godzilla

Cheers Pooch, got your PM thanks! It wasn't the EPG that said it was on yesterday, it was the repeating trailers that ITV4 was showing during the day.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Django movies as George Lucas supposedly based a certain bounty hunter on his character...

Garrett

By the way just switched on Department S and its not the one that was advertised earlier and whats more the channel is silent for some reason.

Some other programs to watch out for:

Strange Report, UFO and Randall and Hopkirk Deceased (the first one and in my opinion the better on).

godzilla

UFO! THE best Gerry Anderson show ever and still one of the best SF shows made.

I already have the boxed set, but it's cool that it is back on TV.
It's been shown more recently and often than Space 1999 though for some reason.
A real shame that the third series was rewritten as Space 1999 as it was far superior.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I'm amazed that I'm actually watching an ITV channel :D Some good stuff so far :thumbsup:

Starburst

JohnG said:
I'm amazed that I'm actually watching an ITV channel :D Some good stuff so far :thumbsup:

I know exactly what you mean.

ITV for well over a decade (perhaps far longer) have ignored certain sections of the audience but the advent of multichannel has given them and others a cheap means to offer content to less mainstream audiences.

MartinImber

This channels shows how good ITV USED to be!

Garrett

MartinImber said:
This channels shows how good ITV USED to be!
A lot of the programs were by ITC.

I wonder if they will repeat Callan???

PoochJD

Hi,

I'm glad everyone is enjoying "ITV4" as much as I am. It's definitely the best of the 4 ITV channels available, and :censored:'s all over ITV1 in terms of the quality of the programming! :D

Garrett - I would expect "Callan" will be on at some point in the future, but if you want to ask them, simply click here, fill in the feedback form, and then wait 24-48 hours for a reply... and you will definitely get one, as I've already contacted them at least three times regarding programme issues, etc. :) Their customer service people, seem to be actually quite helpful! :clap:

Pooch

KoThreads

Cheers for the link PoochJD.

I've just used the form to tell them that I've watched more ITV this week than i have for years.

Garrett

Has any one else noticed that the episodes being shown this week are changed from what was advertized last week.
Im sure one of the episodes of The Adventura was one called Return to Sender was supose to be on tonight. :confused: which in the Digi guide metiond a scene with Pamela Salem.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I tried to watch Andromeda but couldn't watch it as soon as I realised Ace Rimmer was playing the lead role ;) :D

Trending threads

Trending threads

Top Bottom