1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shows filmed in HD

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by loadsofleads, Oct 26, 2004.

1. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I understand Enterprise is filmed in Hd, what about Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica. It breaks my heart that some of these shows are broadcast in such good quality and then we get pixel vision from Sky :mad:

2. Master Rahl

Master Rahl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Atlantis is filmed in HD. I tape it every week on my computer.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Virtually all primetime US network 1 hour drama is shot in HD, quite a bit of the cable/sat channels also produce their shows in High Def. It just does not make any sense now for US broadcasters not to shoot in HD, the market is there and there is no turning back to SD only.

With one or two exceptions (Stargate SG1, Scrubs) to name two biggies all the shows I have aquired have been simulcast in HD somewhere in the US or Canada.

4. Master Rahl

Master Rahl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scrubs is available in HD. I have it on my cable onDemand in HD.

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The curse of relying on others to cap and post material, you take what you can get:)
    So far only seen 4:3 standard NTSC examples and SKY1 only show the series in 4:3 even though most of their other US imports are now 16:9.

Hopefully when SKY go HD it will be one of the shows that is on offer, then again it may not be around in 2006 but we can hope, thanks for the info:)

6. Master Rahl

Master Rahl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scrubs is widescreen for me, as is Enterprise and Atlantis. Even on regular NTSC channels they have black bars at the top and bottom.

Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars is probably available in HD too. I'll check it out.