Quantcast

Showcentre Basic's Please

EAZYROG

Standard Member
Hi all,

Just got myself a showcentre and a little confused how i should wire the system up for HDTV.

Currenlty i've hooked it up using a standard Scart to Scart Lead, my plasma has a DVI input ready for HDTV but i cant figure out what the showcentre use's.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Roger

Tarbat

The HiDef output on a Showcenter 200 is component. Use the component sockets, and set video output to HDTV 720p (or 1080i).

Stephen Neal

EAZYROG said:
thanks for that,

What your saying is i need a compnent to DVI adaptor, what about sound too ?
Your HD display should have an analogue component HD input as well as DVI if it is HD Ready - unless it is one of the few that have combined analogue and digital DVI-I sockets - and accept component as well as RGB via the analogue bit of the DVI-I socket.

If your display has a digital only DVI-D input then it will be difficult to convert HD component to DVI-D (as this will require an A/D conversion process etc.)

Certainly a component HD connection will improve on an SD RGB SCART if you are playing HD media.

xxalxx

Standard Member
what model plasma do you have ?

xxalxx

Standard Member
we know that one m8, but what model telly do you have :)

Al

Chris Nicholl

Novice Member
That's handy then! :suicide:

If you look at the screen on Philips website it makes no mention of component inputs, have a look at page 6 of their on-line manual here it does.
It would seem to say that the VGA socket will take a component signal so the included (according to the website) VGA to YPbPr-Cinch cable should do the trick.
The specifications here on the other hand doesn't mention a VGA socket...

Tarbat

Chris Nicholl said:
If you look at the screen on Philips website it makes no mention of component inputs, have a look at page 6 of their on-line manual here it does.
Yes, all I did was check the specification on the Philips website. I guess EAZYROG just needs to read the manual for the plasma to see whether it can accept a component input.