Showcentre 200 users Please Help!

Paulherb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I beginning think that I have bought the wrong HD streamer, seduced by it's cheaper price.

I have converted all of my TS high def films from TS to Mpeg using HDTVtoMpeg, however Showcentre manager only lets me import half of them. The manager just freezes at the import stage and I have to restart it.

This has left me with about 20 films I can not watch using the Showcentre 200.

Has anyboby had this problem and found a work around?

Any help would be most welcome!

Thanks

Paulh

Hi

Sorry to say but I found myself in the same position with the showcenter 200, I'd say 70% of my HD material didn’t work, that and the lack of any new firmware fixes recently made me move to a newer player using the Sigma 8621 chip (Showcenter 200 uses the 8620)

But others have had some better results by using Swisscenter: http://www.swisscenter.co.uk its well worth a download and try.

And if you haven’t done so try the firmware’s on offer: http://www.pinnaclesys.com 2.3 RC1 Beta was the most stable for me but still didn’t cut the mustard, same goes for firmware 2.50.

I still use the Showcenter for basic streaming avi's (mostly HR's) and play all the HD .ts & high MB files via HDD through my TVIX HD M5000U player.

Strange, mine plays 100% of everything I have (1.5 TB worth). All I had to do was change the extension from ".ts" to ".mpg" using a small utility called "Extension Changer".

I gave up with Media Manager or whatever it's called and now simply use direct file access on the Showcentre 200.

I'm thinking about getting a Kiss DP-600 though.

Yep. ^^^^ that worked for me to. I've never imported a thing for showcenter. Always used direct file access and changed the file name extension to .mpg which is easy to do using rename from the file manager.

Thanks for the quick replys Gents

I'll try the direct file option with extension changer to see if that works.

Failing that it will be a job for Ebay.

Thanks again

Paulh

Stick with it, it definitely works.

When I finally managed to get .ts & .mpg files streaming on my Xbox 360 I was going to get rid of my Showcentre, however, it's a great little box when it comes to playing Divx, WMV & Xvid's.

In addition, my Xbox (Xbox 1) can't handle HD very well, so the Showcentre comes in dead handy for stuff like 24 Seaon 5 (720p Xvid) which the 360 can't play either :)

Sorry Guys,

I've just has a play around with my showcentre. How do you select the direct file access?

Thanks

Paulh.

Hi Guys - Got it sorted now. Phew!

Thanks again for all your advice!

Paulh

Any ideas on the best way to view MP4 files via the Showcenter 200 ?

Paulherb said:
Hi Guys - Got it sorted now. Phew!

Thanks again for all your advice!

Paulh

So it's playing all your HD files now then?

have been getting good results with my showcenter 200, but i can not find any info on direct file access, How do you select the direct file access please

Hi mremulator,
I've tried 3 out of about 20 that did not work and so far so good. It will be the weekend before I can try the rest.

Figers crossed.

Thanks again

Paulh

silversurfer24v said:
have been getting good results with my showcenter 200, but i can not find any info on direct file access, How do you select the direct file access please

Go to Pinnacle ShowCenter in the start menu/all programs & select the "settings" tab, then in "folder browser" select the folder path with all you video files ect, then apply. In the showcenter's movie menu select file access tab at the bottom and away you go :)

love my showcenter 200. Plays everything I throw at it!

A very under-rated piece of kit:thumbsup:

Just another big up for the Showcentre.

Changing from .ts to .mpg works every time, and they play fine on it. Access it via LAN (not wireless) and it streams everything, and is silent to boot.

No idea if you can get a better picture elsewhere, but for right now, it solves a whole bunch of problems, and I paid about £130 for it.

All I need to do now is sort out a NAS to replace the growing number of external hard drives I have and I'd be away.

That or a PC HD-DVD/Blu Ray drive and discs, anyways!:clap:

silversurfer24v said:

Go to Start > Programs > Pinnacle Show Center > Settings

Then Go to "Folder Browser", and you can add folders for direct file access. You can also select which type of material to show (music, movies, photos) from those folders. Note that parental control has no effect on direct file access.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom