ShowCentre 200 Hi-Def Trailers ? ?

shoehorn

Prominent Member
Reaction score
If you just want to see some HD try using File Access mode. You probably won't get sound on them though...

There's an app on the PC under Pinnacle called Settings (I think - I'm at work at the mo). In this you define the folders which are available for File Access for the different categories (pics, movies, photos). Use that to define the folder where the HD files are and click the box that says Movies. On the SC200 menus under settings there is an option to enable File access. Set this to ON. Now under your movie category you'll have a new option called File Access. Select this and you'll be able to navigate thru the folders. Just select the movie you want.

HTH's!

Stu

I have a ShowCenter 200 and the MS high-def clips play no problem through the SC200 with sound as well... You do need to switch to the 720p 60 mode to make sure that they playback smoothly though.

Oh - I get the yellow exclaimation mark by the side of them - don't know how to get rid of it.....

shoehorn said:
Oh - I get the yellow exclaimation mark by the side of them - don't know how to get rid of it.....
You can't get rid of them.They don't always mean that it won't play, just that it might not play... I believe the same shows up with DRM material such as movies downloaded via Sky by Broadband. However, the movies play fine.

Configure the file access as directed above and you can select the files directly without having to worry about using Media Mangler.

hi

i have purchased one of these off a fellow forum member and will be testing all my high def stuff at the weekend :thumbsup:

i have loads of dif .ts files to test and wmv hd

ill report back at the weekend

im going to be using some home 85mbps networking plugs has anybody else used these?

if they dont work i think i will have to settle for wireless but i think thats going to struggle with the high def stuff

54Mbps does cause stutters on my HD video, which is 9Mbps 720p stuff. I now use a hardwired link.

hi alpine 101 i will try and use my home networking plugs first then

how are u finding the picture quality and does it play back all your high def stuff perfect?

hi alpine 101 i will try and use my home networking plugs first then

how are u finding the picture quality and does it play back all your high def stuff perfect?
I'll second the advice to avoid wireless for HD related playback... You really must use a wired connection for reliable streaming.

With regard to is it perfect, well no. The clips you can download are not mega-high bitrate clips and so if you want to be picky, you will see faults in them. Make sure you download the 720p clips, the ShowCenter won't do 1080p so don't waste time downloading the clip.

However, what you should notice is that everything looks sharper than normal and more realistic.

One piece of advice as stated above, the Microsoft clips are in 60Hz so you need to make sure you don't use the 720p 50 output on the SC. If you get the framerate wrong it will have lots of judder. Also don't select 1080i on the SC for the 720p clips, it will reduce the quality quite a bit.

oh know i have got some films in 1080 format does this mean they wont play ?

hi ian s

i have now managed to play every ts file i have thrown at it inc 1080 :thumbsup:

just renamed them to .mpg and they all play fine

using the home network plugs im getting perfect stutter free playback :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom