Show us yours (of course only the TV)

maidstoneman30s

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there all,
Having read the Plasma forums before joining in on the DLP side, i noticed that the PLASMA forums have a thread, where members and guests add PICS of their Setup.

I find the pics, not only a joy to watch, but also got ideas for cable hiding and generally ideas on what looks good.

If you guys fancy putting some pics on, I would love to see more. I have already saved some images that Lizzard posted on another thread re the Samsung, and i really enjoyed the Docklands ''view'' (only joking CARL). The pics Carl sent were very good and gave some ideas.

I hope you all find the Xmas period a joy to watch your TV's. I in the meantime am fighting the man in my head,,,,, do i wait for the 52" or buy the 46" on Monday, hehehehe

Lets hope you all feel the same and post your pics on this thread. I'm sure it would be well visited and loads of pics posted.

:hiya: MERRRY XMAASSSS to you all

p.s. im still looking for a new years party in kent or within an hour, hehehe :D

No probs mate ! :thumbsup:

IMGP1506.jpg

Even though its a 50", it doesnt look as intrusive in your room as i anticipated.
Nice setup. :thumbsup:

We very quickly got used to it & anticipate something bigger in the future :D
The nearest anyone sits is 10ft Quite often one of us will spontaneously exclaim "How did we ever cope with owt smaller :eek: " We all love it!
The kids are happy too while one watches cartoons & the other plays on his PS2 both onscreen at once.

Im amazed as to how clear your screen image is, considering the background clarity. How long have you had your set? Are you feeding the DVD signal with DVI > DVI or ????

cheers
John

p.s. better pic than on a demo in Comets, lol

maidstoneman30s said:
Im amazed as to how clear your screen image is, considering the background clarity. How long have you had your set? Are you feeding the DVD signal with DVI > DVI or ????

cheers
John

p.s. better pic than on a demo in Comets, lol

We're using a Cambridge Audio DVD now available at around £80 :mad: at the time it was connected via the component to AV6 with a cheap composite cable so the picture is incredible considering?
It is now connected to AV7 with a top notch component cable & now set to progressive output. From a distance I guess the difference would be hard to see but close up it's miles better :thumbsup:

Looks like some serious equipment in the low cabinet. Are you using them all aaeon ???? :eek:

yeah i use them all

the top left hand is digital terrestrial the one under that is surround sound and the next two on the top is dvd player and dvd recorder (for dubbing) and the two below that are both video machines (once again for dubbing) and the the top and bottom right hand boxes are both satellite receivers one for pay tv and the other is attached to a motorised satellite dish recieving 17 satellites in both c and ku band
all transmit to the other tv,s in the house

when i get time i,ll take a picture of my system downstairs as it has more gear again in it but its a bit of a mess right now as i,ve had to put one of my fishtanks down stairs as the wifey made me

aaeon.1

Me too......I have the Humax 5400z with the mighty dragon cam!

Hurrah!

Dave, Oldham.

I bet u channel hop on HOTBIRD at the movie channels after 11pm. Well I do :D

got my Tosh today, its not all setup correctly as of yet but took a pic anyways.

Attachments

• roomy.jpg
    roomy.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 785
Great pic btw, hope you are getting on ok with the setup.

Would you do me a great favour and take a couple of measurements of your TV.

I wanted to know the horizontal and vertical length of the display . I know its a visible 117cm diagonal, but in order for me to work out the 52" size (which doesnt get mentioned in the downloadable info from TOSH), i can take the horizontal and vertical measurement of the 46" and apply the 4:3 measurement. (I hope anyway) Could you also give me an indication as to what the silver edge depth is on the top of the tv too the display.

My DEAR MRS is arguing the toss whether the 52 or the 46. I am no here nor there, but blimey, my Mrs is getting well into the it now. I have promised to redecorate the room before getting the TV, and therefor she wanted to know the size of te display.

PS People, thanks for posting the pics. Some FAB pics on here and long may it continue

john :thumbsup:

I'm gonna re shoot mine when the room is sorted next week.
Two two seater brown leather sofa's goin in :-D
I'll get the whole caboodle in next time, Sony Brookland front speakers SS176(7 yrs old) Jamo centre 100(11 years old) Paradigm PS1000 wuffer(8yrs old)Eltax bi polar rears(6yrs old) They all rock sweet.

Finally set up, blasting out the movies at high volumes :thumbsup:

Attachments

• TV2.jpg
    TV2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 703

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom