• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Show us your Mediabrowser Themes

wonder_lander

Standard Member
This thread is so people can show off the mediabrowser setup they have.

It would be useful to include the theme name and any useful links if you put them up.

I'm currently resetting up my HTPC but here's the theme I was using before (can't for the life of me remeber the name!)

Holwill

Am I the only one running Mediabrowser

No, it may just be that this sort of thread has been done so many times over the years. BTW I run Harmony and have done for years.

blakey0

I was a very happy Mediabrowser user for at least a year as I started my journey into the world of HTPC's.

I really liked the flexibility it offered and the chance to use fan-made icons etc.

Once my library started to grow significantly, I found the performance suffered in relation and often it would take 30 seconds or more for my movie thumbnails to load. I switched to XBMC at that point and haven't looked back even though it can be a tad unstable at times.

It's entirely possibly though that the Mediabrowser issues were hardware related. At the time I had a dual-core processor with only 2gb RAM and today I have an i5 with 8gb RAM.

I'm tempted to go back and have a look now I have a better spec system. Has anyone made the transition from XBMC to Mediabrowser and found it a better option?

Sad099

I found that adding an SSD improved the performance on mediabrowser significantly, movie thumbnails etc are instant.

I tried both XBMC , mediabrowser and mediaportal and preferred MB, it does all I want it to do and meets my needs fine in conjunction with WM7 and Arcsoft TMT5.

bryanchicken

I'm tempted to go back and have a look now I have a better spec system. Has anyone made the transition from XBMC to Mediabrowser and found it a better option?

I tried it and went straight back. Took longer to set up, performance was worse, didn't look as good.
Couldn't even get it to pick up mkv files from a network share. They showed up in the built-in 7mc library but not MB.
Gave up, my time is too precious. If that doesn't even work then its not worth my bother :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom