1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us your CRTs ! .. why not? The plasma boys have a thread

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Monty1977, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Monty1977

Monty1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    How about it?

..particuarly curious (as a home cinema newbie) to see other peoples setups and how they've hidden wires etc..

Cheers,
    A

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    If anyone wishes to do this please upload the image to your own webspace and link to it.

3. hartside2

hartside2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cannot photograph behind the tv easily, but I hid my wires behind my 36zp38 by using cable trays. They are like conduit but with gaps every 2-3mm along their side where you bring the cable out through. I keep the power cables and the signal cables in seperate conduit

I cut the cable trays/conduit to length and used self adhesive pads to stick them on either side of the rear of the stand, running top to bottom. Behind the tv, at the base of the stand I also cut a small slit in the carpet to bring my home cinema speaker wires through from underneath. The speaker cables run in the channel between the gripper rod and the skirting board round the perimeter of the room until they go behind the tv

It took ages to get all the individual wires hidden!