Show us your cans!

Do you like it?
What headphones are you paring with it?

I love it !!!

I use mainly Focal Utopia's but also have the Clears too along with Oppo PM2 and Grado GS1000e.

The Utopias and Grados sound the best.

My Oppo PM1s. As we say in Wales 'There's lovely!'
20180513_200358.jpg

Sony TA-ZH1ES.

I love it !!!

I use mainly Focal Utopia's but also have the Clears too along with Oppo PM2 and Grado GS1000e.

The Utopias and Grados sound the best.

Hello there, i've been thinking of buying the TA, for a long time now. ( A bit put off by the cost, is it worth the outlay ? )
What source do you use ? I'm intending to mainly use with connected Walkman ( ZX2. )

Any feedback, much appreciated.

Hello there, i've been thinking of buying the TA, for a long time now. ( A bit put off by the cost, is it worth the outlay ? )
What source do you use ? I'm intending to mainly use with connected Walkman ( ZX2. )

Any feedback, much appreciated.

Yes, IMO definitely worth the outlay !

I also have a Chord Mojo and though that is good the Sony really makes the Utopia's sing and are noticeably better than when the Utopia's are used on the Mojo.

I only use Tidal or Deezer streamed via Sonos to the Sony or Tidal Master via a decent (read v dear) USB ; the Pulse D-Fi double by Vertere. I tried a few normal cables and the Pulse was massively better - it shouldn't be but is ... simples.

I love my setup and for once with me (in the world of Hifi) I have zero interest in changing it !

I also have a Chord Mojo and though that is good the Sony really makes the Utopia's sing and are noticeably better than when the Utopia's are used on the Mojo.

I only use Tidal or Deezer streamed via Sonos to the Sony or Tidal Master via a decent (read v dear) USB ; the Pulse D-Fi double by Vertere. I tried a few normal cables and the Pulse was massively better - it shouldn't be but is ... simples.

I love my setup and for once with me (in the world of Hifi) I have zero interest in changing it !

Thanks for that useful feedback. I think i will have to buy one. I don't think i've read a bad review, nothing but glowing praise.

What types of music do you listen to ? Is it just as good, with what i'd describe as "busy music, i.e. a lot going on, or is it aimed to shine with more acoustic, vocal music ?

My collection is nothing exotic but then they mainly play mp3 files of HipHop and RnB from my phone where the benefits of high end stuff would probably be wasted

These are my headphones

My headphones by Andy Ten, on Flickr

The bose QC3s are for flying,train travel or when i'm doing the hoovering:p

The Sony MDRXB950BT are wireless and used when detailing the cars. Theres a bass boost button which is so insane i never use it. For HipHop/RnB these are my second best headphones.

My favs are the Massive Sony MDR-XB700. A bit harsh in the trebble and need a little boosting on the bass using the PowerAmp app for my taste but the 50mm drivers seem to go so low and loud its like i got subwoofers on my head. BUT.......they make me look like Princess Leia:facepalm: so i never ever wear them outside.

My earphones

Favourites for HipHop Sony MDRXB 40Ex on the left
Even on an ipod with no EQ they are just right for me. Dig deep and no harsh treble.
Fall out me lugholes easily though.

middle are my fav all rounders.
Sony MDR EX85 need a little bass boost for HipHop but are my favourites for occasions when i listen to proper non club based music. Must be nearly 20yrs old these!

On the right are some Lidl specials for a laugh.
£30 for noise cancelling!
Not even half as effective as the Bose but at £30 i got them as spares in case the Bose Batteries died on my yearly 13hr flight to HK

Lastly the 1MORE tripple driver earphones.......a gift from my brother coz he thought the box looked cool:laugh:

.......and so it does
They sound OK to me but never find myself reaching for them for HipHop etc
Only got them a few months so maybe I'll try listening to some Jazz or rock through them.

Alas a pretty mundane collection of regular Sony cans by most peoples standard but they make music fun for me and I'm happy
I wish i had photos of my Nissan Sunny I.C.E system with a 15 inch sub in the boot to start a thread on silly but fun but alas it was the 90s and i didn't take any:facepalm:

Sony WH - 1000XM3
Sennheiser HD 595
Beats - Powerbeats 3

First ever pair of cans were a pair of Sony MDR-V7's which cost me half a weeks wages back in 1988, would love to get hold of a pair now just to hear if they sound as good now as i remember them then. HD595 sound great through my Roksan Kandy (varous sources), the 1000xm3 are generally hooked up to my Sony NW-A45 and Fiio A3 and sound sublime, the Beats fill in on other occasional situations where the others don't.

Attachments

• 2019-02-11 13.38.04.jpg
    2019-02-11 13.38.04.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 135
Last edited:
I've recently got a pair of Utopia's ... stunning is the word ... sound and price ! lol

Sony TA-ZH1ES.

Bloody hell, how much did you sell your house for LOL.

I have a Mojo too that was pretty impressive. The power (considering it's size), the cool buttons (not universally liked), and with two outputs made for great A-B comparisons.

But since I upgraded to the Klipsch Heritage, it makes the Mojo seem not so great. The Klipsch also looks and feels utterly gorgeous. Not portable of course.

Bloody hell, how much did you sell your house for LOL.

I have a Mojo too that was pretty impressive. The power (considering it's size), the cool buttons (not universally liked), and with two outputs made for great A-B comparisons.

But since I upgraded to the Klipsch Heritage, it makes the Mojo seem not so great. The Klipsch also looks and feels utterly gorgeous. Not portable of course.

I'd had my flat 30 years and paid all but 5k of the mortgage whilst renting it out for 20 years ... so it did rather well in the end and boys are allowed some toys .

I have a Mojo but now Hugo2. Thats v good and a decent little DAC / amp can make a lot of difference !

Pulled the trigger on some STAX

16o3s0.jpg

5af869.jpg

My work headphones, HiFiMan Sundara, I mainly use them out of the bottom DAC/Amp (Yulong DA10), but I have the iFi Pro iDSD on loan for about 8 weeks.

At home I mainly use HiFiMan HE-500's or German Maestro GMP400's hooked up to a Keces S3 / Feliks Audio Espressivo MKII

On the go I mainly use 64 Audio A6t custom monitors with an iBasso DX200 and PlusSound gold plated silver cable.

10302771.jpg

EBBq5d8eROquG6EVlwX0_10045472.jpeg

62125599_2404468942962013_3610658729483042816_o.jpg

IMG_20190818_222446.jpg
Not in the same league as some of the setups on here but my first set of cans and loving them! Picked up this afternoon and getting lots of wow's from the family after trying! Sony WH-1000X M3

On the go

HD650 with Dekoni memory foam velour pads + WardModCables custom 2M cable.

7o0sZmd.jpg

bf3nIX0.jpg

On the road
JayBird X3 with tuned DAC (using the app)

av_aybirdX3_whole.jpg

On the go

7o0sZmd.jpg

bf3nIX0.jpg

On the road

av_aybirdX3_whole.jpg

Do you find the memory foam pads make your ears too hot?

That's always been the complaint about using the material with mattresses. I do like my HD650's, but find they sit a bit tight.

Do you find the memory foam pads make your ears too hot?

That's always been the complaint about using the material with mattresses. I do like my HD650's, but find they sit a bit tight.

No issues with them at all. Different people will have different reactions to certain materials. I have a memory foam mattress and it's hot some days but other days not. The pads are perfect though and I've had memory foam headphones before the 650 which is why I missed them and had to have them on these cans. (Had the K7XX, Fidelio X1 & X2 as well).

IMG_20190911_103531.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191014_142800.jpg
    IMG_20191014_142800.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20191025_092549.jpg
    IMG_20191025_092549.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20191015_165609-1.jpg
    IMG_20191015_165609-1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 103
Having wonderful time with the cans I've now with the modded Topping A30 upgraded with a pair of Burson Audio V5i-d OpAmp. My next upgrade will be into planar headphones.

STAX L300 with L700 Pads
IMG_0189.JPG

On the go

7o0sZmd.jpg

bf3nIX0.jpg

On the road

av_aybirdX3_whole.jpg
Is that amp the NAD3020? It looks awesome

My first planar headphone from China. This is less than SG$200 inclusive delivery. Buring in and see what so great about planar headphone. Purchased this Topping DX7s for the headphones.IMG_20191109_130457.jpgIMG_20191109_130731.jpgIMG_20191109_130928.jpgIMG_20191122_153727.jpgIMG_20191122_153854.jpgIMG_20191122_154144.jpgIMG_20191122_154210.jpgIMG_20191122_162437.jpg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom