1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show us ya settings!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by blasthand, Sep 27, 2004.

1. blasthand

blasthand
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Been trying to tweak the piccie on my lg dlp set and now have it as this:
    Contrast 46, brightness 92, colour 67, tint R14. This is about my 4th set of very different levels and probably the best I've got it I think. Be interested to see what levels other people have it set to. Cheers if you wanna put them up :thumbsup:

btw: Would I see a noticeable improvement in the picture quality fom my set top box by using a scart-to-component cable rather than scart?

Thanks,
    Blasthand.

2. whipitup

whipitup
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's with the 'tint' setting I dont have that option on my set............

:confused:

3. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tint is not used on PAL broadcasts...or at least on my 51WH36 it has no effect at all. Tint is an adjustment for NTSC broadcasts/DVD's. Don't know if tint works different on a DLP...

My 51WH36 settings are (set from reset 3, cos SVM pisses me off):

Contrast 45
    Brightness 53
    Colour 38
    Sharpness +10
    DNR off
    Black Stretch off (what a crap feature that is!!)
    Scan mode - I use both active and natural - progressive on this set is way too flickery

This is fed by digital cable via RGB SCART and DVD via component video. Gotta say that one thing this set shows mercilessly is bandwidth capping by providers. Somedays digital cable looks great, others it looks totally horrific, blocky and loads of artefacts. Just kick off the crap channels and give us decent signal!

4. blasthand

blasthand
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    whipitup,

The tint setting (also known as hue I think) appears in the picture menu when I run my setup dvd. You set the colour, then the tint, and then set the colour again - at least, you do with my disc!

Blasthand.