Show us pictures of your old bikes

dmpzsn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As suggested by @KiLLiNG-TiME, rather than derail a current thread I thought it may be an idea to start a new thread for those with pictures of their old bikes.

In all my years of biking I only have pictures of my 250cc Honda taken in 1981, note my Daughters being used as slave labour. Well they've got to earn their keep :rotfl:

Any funny stories that won't fit into the threads that are already open and may be of interest to the new batch of Bikers could be posted here.
img003.jpg
img004.jpg

I was at my parents a couple of weeks ago and looking for photos of my old bikes, went through hundreds of the damn things and all I found were embarrassing pictures of my brother and myself and pictures of ex girlfriends (there was some overlap between embarrassing pictures of myself and photos with ex girlfriends) :(

I was at my parents a couple of weeks ago and looking for photos of my old bikes, went through hundreds of the damn things and all I found were embarrassing pictures of my brother and myself and pictures of ex girlfriends (there was some overlap between embarrassing pictures of myself and photos with ex girlfriends) :(
We didn't take the picture back then like they do now, when I think of all the bikes I've had over my 20+ years of biking it's a shame.

I don't think there's any photos of my old girlfriends as they wouldn't stay still long enough for the plates to develop :blush:

Here’s a Triumph Trident I had back in the late 70’s

Attachments

• B7053AD5-3038-44F9-AA12-38A027B38C56.jpeg
    B7053AD5-3038-44F9-AA12-38A027B38C56.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 31
Here’s a Triumph Trident I had back in the late 70’s
A great bike, but I couldn't afford one, you could always tell them from the rear because of the three holes in the back of the silencer.

Just checking before I posted because of a bad memory, I also thought BSA had a triple called the Rocket, a very quick search and they did at the same time.

here's a photo of a Suzuki XN85 i had back in the 80's
Kw0x9UA.jpg

another of a Yamaha LC 350 valve from the same time period
9npKdTI.jpg

the Honda 400 superdream with the chair attached was also mine but was bought to sell not to ride
ended up swapping it for a reliant robin i'm not sure who got the better deal :thumbsdow

out of all the bikes i owned from the 70/80s these are the only 2 photo at hand
there should be a lot more but finding them is another story

here's a photo of a Suzuki XN85 i had back in the 80's
Kw0x9UA.jpg

another of a Yamaha LC 350 valve from the same time period
9npKdTI.jpg

the Honda 400 superdream with the chair attached was also mine but was bought to sell not to ride
ended up swapping it for a reliant robin i'm not sure who got the better deal :thumbsdow

out of all the bikes i owned from the 70/80s these are the only 2 photo at hand
there should be a lot more but finding them is another story
It's such a shame that we didn't take more photos back then. The bikes nowadays are very nice but the oldies were also good.

I didn't read the caption on your second photo and thought the Yamaha was a 350 Honda, very similar in design.

BSA Bantam, can't tell if it's a 175 or 125. A good starter bike but rubbish lights being 6 volt. I think a candle gave a brighter light on mine.

BSA Bantam, can't tell if it's a 175 or 125. A good starter bike but rubbish lights being 6 volt. I think a candle gave a brighter light on mine.

It's a 150! Lights? Had to hold a hand in front of the headlight to check that it was on!

It's a 150! Lights? Had to hold a hand in front of the headlight to check that it was on!
A mate borrowed mine and came back and said it was lethal that he couldn't see a thing :blush: :rotfl:

I didn't realise they did a 150 though not surprised.

The first thing I noticed was the stand at the back to lift the back wheel off the road, very handy if you had to mend a puncture in the back wheel.

You realise how old fashioned the bikes of yesteryear looked compared to the modern bike. But a nice bike though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom