1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show Me Your Projector Setup - Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Monkey Alan, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Monkey Alan

Monkey Alan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I'm thinking of getting a projector and was wondering how you guys have it setup. Have you got really long scart/component cables running from front of the room to the projector at the back/ceiling or do you have all your equipment next to the projector.

2. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,346
    I have all my equiptment running down one wall have have a 3 metre lead feeding the projector.

I set it up on a shelf unit and put it away again when finished

tris

3. scumball

scumball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +410
    I've got a through lounge and have a shelf unit across the middle as a room divider. On this is the PJ and all the source equipment and surround speakers. The screen pulls down in front of my bay window/curtains and as such forces a dark room for viewing. It works for my setup really well. the only downside so far is the back of the unit is a mass of cable even when using those cable management tube thingies...

4. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    I've got my projector on a back wall shelve with my DVD player and power.
    The only lead i've got from there is my optical 5.1 to my AV amp.

5. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Ceiling, 15m cables - DVI / component / s-vid / composite - just need VGA and I'd have a full set!...PJ :)

6. Monkey Alan

Monkey Alan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Thanks for the replys an keep um comin :thumbsup: , I still trying to decide which is the best setup to use. PJTX100 don't those long cables cause you problems, lose of quality ect?

7. Crivens

Crivens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HS50 attached to ceiling (Vogel mount), with S-Video and power cable going along ceiling and down wall on (I think) about 15 metre cables connecting to my Technics unit (old but good enough with built in 5 disc DVD - good for LOTR extended versions, although not for the whole lot : is 6 *discs* all in :( ). Both cables held in one of those plastic storage thingies that stick to the wall. Looks good. Hi-fi is then connected to 5 speakers, with about (I think) 20 metres of cabling per speaker. Stuffed them tight against the wall, behind most furniture so is hardly noticeable. Should really connect these cables properly to the wall, but can't be arsed.

Cheers

8. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Nope, the pic is so sharp you can cut paper with it - especially on component. Very clean, no funnies. DVI length was a worry but the Lindy cable works fine for me. Composite looks pants but that's just for aging VHS. S-vid looked surprisingly good, but don't really use that now...PJ :)

9. Monkey Alan

Monkey Alan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    ^Thats good to hear :smashin: . What I think I'm gonna do is get a 10m component cable to connect my dvd and a 10m s-video to connect my grundig sky box and xbox via some sort of switcher (not sure what though).

Where did you get your cables from, I found this site but that seems too cheap to be true :confused: .
    http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/CP003.html

10. Crivens

Crivens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As it turns out I bought my S-Video cable from the place you mention above. Is actually this : IXOS XHV403-500 5m S-Video (just found invoice). Just remembered that it is actually 5 metres, not 15 (moved DVD unit nearer to projector). Quality is top notch. I browsed a bit on IXOS cables, and found they had really good reviews. If I remember rightly TVCables.co.uk delivered it within like 2 or 3 days. Good stuff.

Cheers

11. sbowler

sbowler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +487
  12. Monkey Alan

Monkey Alan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Finally some pictures :thumbsup: . I'm thinking of getting the AE700E but my wallets telling me to get a cheaper epson TW10H I've seen. But then I keep thinking about xbox 360 an HD an sky HD an want the AE700 but I've heard there is no difference between the 2 for dvd playback and pannys suffer from low brightness an banding? I don't know what to do,am I going to see a big difference in dvd playback between the AE700E an TW10H?

13. Crivens

Crivens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well if you want HD then you need the Panny. The other one doesn't have the resolution.

Cheers

14. mikeaitch

mikeaitch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
  15. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +929
    Mine too is ceiling mounted with two 7.5 metre DVI leads (one spare for hdmi) and one 7.5 metre component lead. I have made a DIY ceiling mount to ount it as well, see picture of it here

16. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    My pj is ceiling mounted with 3 15m cables for componant running into the celing and then under the bedroom floor. They come down some trunking which was plastered into the far end of the living room wall and run in trunking behind the skirting board to the amp at the front of the room.

Link to pics in my signature below :)