• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Show centre or media centre PC

LiFo

Established Member
This is going to be ultra generic, but i was just about to take the plunge and get a media centre pc, i only really want it to play my music while slide showing pics and wot not. but then stumbled across the show centre thread.

I am i missing something or would the show centre be a lot better option

D

DennisT

Personally I have both !! MCE PC is great for recording etc.. ShowCenter is great for playback through you sound systems...

What exactly do you want the setup to do >>

StuJB

Established Member
I have a Showcenter 200 and it works great for music, photos and video. I too wonderered whether to get a dedicated Media center PC but in the end the SC200 turned out to be the much cheaper and simpler option. D-Link also has a similar product (DSM-520).

LiFo

Established Member
see thats the thing im not really sure, what i want it to do i'm just bored and have a spare shelf in my setup, seriously though it will probably just be used to play back ground music and photos when i have people round dosing,

I have sky HD, so that takes care of the recording side of things
Hmm decisions, if money wasnt an issue i would deffo go withe Media centre pc, but i suppose thats obvious

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom