Shovel Knight

Det

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Surprised no one has talked about this game. It legitimately looks like it's a NES game. If I was living in the 80's still I'd probably buy this game and think it was one of the best platformers ever made. It looks genuinely fun! Out for 3DS and Wii-U.

It's another game that hasn't arrived on these shores yet, but I'll be getting it as soon as it's out here. It looks superb - they've nailed the NES look perfectly, right down to the sprite glitches when the game scrolls. The reviews have been great, so this looks like another must-have.

This looks a great game, the title reminded me of the film "Mystery Men" and the William H Macy character The Shoveler. He was also very skilled in the art of the shovel :cool:

Seriously though, It will definitely be another eShop buy for moi :smashin:

This looks a great game, the title reminded me of the film "Mystery Men" and the William H Macy character The Shoveler. He was also very skilled in the art of the shovel :cool:

Seriously though, It will definitely be another eShop buy for moi :smashin:
Rofl. Cult classic. Feel like watching it now. "Temperature... rising... ... rage taking... over..."

I had it on VHS and wore the crap out of the ribbon watching it like 3 times a day shortly after I first saw it lol. That and Heavyweights. Another great comedy when Ben Stiller was a lot funnier.

Rofl. Cult classic. Feel like watching it now. "Temperature... rising... ... rage taking... over..."

I had it on VHS and wore the crap out of the ribbon watching it like 3 times a day shortly after I first saw it lol. That and Heavyweights. Another great comedy when Ben Stiller was a lot funnier.

"I don't need a compass to know which way the wind shines." :laugh:

This gen is certainly turning into the indie generation, so many good titles coming out I can't keep up with them. Loads of quirky touches, goofy dialogue and great platforming. Reading around it seems they are quite generous with the checkpoints which is welcome, as it looks like it will get really tough.

It's hard to take you seriously with that avatar...

*Looks at own avatar*... duly noted.

What's the latest on this regarding a UK release?

Bought this the other day. It's quality. Takes me back to simpler times playing stellar 2D platform games on the nes. Really enjoying it so far. Controls are great and love the music.

- In case you haven't seen it in the Amiibo thread -

Shovel Knight is getting his very own Amiibo figure!

Unlocks an exclusive co-op mode in the Wii U version, and lets you level up and customise your own Shovel Knight.

There's also a new trailer for the Plague Knight DLC on its way:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom