Shout Factory 3 disc The Thing Steelbook

Racquel Darrian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed it mentions
2017 4K Scan Of The Feature Film
I wonder if this is the same as the Arrow one, if so it'll make for interesting comparisons.

Yep read here

• This is a 3-Disc Blu-ray set. Disc 1 will include a more recent 2017 4K REMASTER OF THE FILM provided by the licensor. Discs 2 and 3 will be the same content that is currently available on the 2016 Collector's Edition release.
I wonder if the licensor is Arrow :)

I've got both editions.
and I slightly prefer the 2K scan.
The extras on the Shout edition also beats the Arrow version hands down.

So, basically, if this new steelbook has all the remastered versions and all the extras then this would be the one to get.
Until the UHD appears that is. :D

Edit: I'm assuming this will be region locked like the collectors edition is.

Are you a completist when it comes to The Thing steels @Racquel Darrian? If so, Zavvi have just announced something real 'special' as an exclusive which will really test your mettle. :p
I'll take a look.
It's my favourite movie of all time and I have lots on it.
I even have the original VHS release that doesn't have Stevie Wonders Superstition and all the comic books.
The best thing about the comics were the fan letters and responses.
There was a notion that the alien replicated the host so well that the host didn't know that they were "The Thing". The alien just kept hidden inside and only came out when it had to to the surprise of the host.

There's something happening over the blu-ray release of The Thing From Another World.
More to follow.

I'll take a look.
Prepare yourself! :eek:

It's my favourite movie of all time and I have lots on it.
I even have the original VHS release that doesn't have Stevie Wonders Superstition and all the comic books.
Have you read the sequel comics as well?

The best thing about the comics were the fan letters and responses.
There was a notion that the alien replicated the host so well that the host didn't know that they were "The Thing". The alien just kept hidden inside and only came out when it had to to the surprise of the host.
It's an interesting thought. Something I certainly hadn't considered before.

Prepare yourself! :eek:

Have you read the sequel comics as well?

It's an interesting thought. Something I certainly hadn't considered before.

I have these:

The Thing from Another World (comic)

It is interesting.
The Palmer section for instance and the blood test.
If Palmer knew he was
an alien why would he get to the point of being tied up and wait for the test results before "coming out"?

I've seen this so many times and I'm so impressed by it.
Concept trailer.

I've seen this so many times and I'm so impressed by it.
Concept trailer.

That was fun thank you, also from the comments i now have to source me a copy of Harbinger Down :lesson:

I'll be watching
That was fun thank you, also from the comments i now have to source me a copy of Harbinger Down :lesson:

I'll be watching Harbinger Down tonight.

Yeah, those were the ones I was talking about. :smashin: I only discovered them this year. Thoroughly enjoyable. Loved how they carried the story on from the original film. A defininte must read for fans.

It is interesting.
The Palmer section for instance and the blood test.
If Palmer knew he was
an alien why would he get to the point of being tied up and wait for the test results before "coming out"?
In that case I think
the alien took a chance, which ultimately didn't pay off for it. In it's Palmer form it couldn't afford to act in any way that may cause suspicion to fall on it, so it probably let things play out as they did in order to try and stay hidden. Remember, during transformation the alien is vulnerable to attack, as seen numerous times throughout the film, so revealing itself really is a last resort for it, even when seemingly being backed in to a corner. Given the paranoia that pervaded the research base, I think it was a reasonable assumption for it to make that it could get out of the testing situation somehow.

Yeah, those were the ones I was talking about. :smashin: I only discovered them this year. Thoroughly enjoyable. Loved how they carried the story on from the original film. A defininte must read for fans.

In that case I think
the alien took a chance, which ultimately didn't pay off for it. In it's Palmer form it couldn't afford to act in any way that may cause suspicion to fall on it, so it probably let things play out as they did in order to try and stay hidden. Remember, during transformation the alien is vulnerable to attack, as seen numerous times throughout the film, so revealing itself really is a last resort for it, even when seemingly being backed in to a corner. Given the paranoia that pervaded the research base, I think it was a reasonable assumption for it to make that it could get out of the testing situation somehow.
Your assuming there was only Palmer infected are you?

Let us know what you think. :)

Indeed please do.

It was OK. I don't want to give too much away. You'll have to watch it. Some one liners from other movies including The Thing.

Your assuming there was only Palmer infected are you?
That's just it.
If more than one in that room was a Thing and they were copied perfectly, so that even the host didn't know they were a replicant, how would the actual aliens know who's a copy?
There was no hint that they could communicate telepathically.

Also didn't the test
show no one else, in the room, was a thing?

Also I don't think we ever saw
two aliens team up to help each other
so do they work on self preservation only?

It was OK. I don't want to give too much away. You'll have to watch it. Some one liners from other movies including The Thing.
Thanks for that. :) I’m too curious and intrigued not to watch it now. :D

Where did you get your copy of the film from if you don’t mind me asking?

That's just it.
If more than one in that room was a Thing and they were copied perfectly, so that even the host didn't know they were a replicant, how would the actual aliens know who's a copy?
There was no hint that they could communicate telepathically.
After some thought, I’m of the opinion that once the alien has fully assimilated something it is in complete control. Thus the alien knows full well what it is. The consciousness of the host no longer remains.

If two separate but perfect copies of The Thing are in the same room, I don’t believe they are any more capable of identifying one and other than the humans are.

Also didn't the test
show no one else, in the room, was a thing?
Spot on!

Also I don't think we ever saw
two aliens team up to help each other
so do they work on self preservation only?
If the odds are against them, I definitely think self preservation would be their primary goal.

Thanks for that. :) I’m too curious and intrigued not to watch it now. :D

Where did you get your copy of the film from if you don’t mind me asking?

After some thought, I’m of the opinion that once the alien has fully assimilated something it is in complete control. Thus the alien knows full well what it is. The consciousness of the host no longer remains.

If two separate but perfect copies of The Thing are in the same room, I don’t believe they are any more capable of identifying one and other than the humans are.

Spot on!

If the odds are against them, I definitely think self preservation would be their primary goal.
when was Blair assimilated & by whom then if there wasn't more than one?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom