1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shout At The Devil BBC1 15.12.03

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Setenza, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Setenza

Jun 17, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I Tivo'd this and finally got round to watching this today. This is one of the last great British action movies of the 70's.

In the past it has got lousy treatment on ITV, (which is where I first saw it). It has sometimes been shown mid afternoon thus suffering cuts.

There is also a very poor DVD doing the rounds in the UK showing a shorter print under 2 hours.

Well the BBC after showing the titles in the right ratio then reverted to standard 16:9, but this is at least better than full screen. The film clocked in at 130 minutes. Now the original theatrical running time was 147, so allowing for PAL speed up, this was near enough the full version.

There may have been the a minor cut to the baby in the fire sequence? May be someone else could clarify, as I may be suffering from false memory syndrome.

Best treatment of the material I seen for a while and a good reminder of when the UK could compete with the yanks in all aspects of film making.

May be one day we'll get a decent DVD version. It's rumoured that the BFI has a full print in it's vaults.

May be the Beeb might follow up with a screening of Gold next.
  2. FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    The american version runs 119 minutes and the british version 144 minutes according to my Leonard Maltin film guide book.