I Shouldn't have bought a slow cooker.

I try not to moan about the nursing staff as it is rarely their fault and they get little help from the doctors. But I am hungry and thirsty and now can only take liquids via my feeding tube which because I have not had the training yet, that happens Monday, I have to wait on a nurse and it has to be a qualified nurse but it seems we only have one of these folks for two full wards so she will get to me in due course.
I mentioned that the doctors are of little help as yesterday I was prescribed two different medications by a staff nurse and a pain nurse. I say prescribed what happens is they tell the doctors who input it into the system except they are prone to forget. I received the wrong pain medication and have yet to see the other one. :facepalm:

Watching the nursing staff is quite an education on how poorly they are treated one of the trained nurses was telling me she can go a full shift without a break so no food and a time to relax. Then there is the phenomenal amount of paperwork in even the simplest of tasks like taking blood pressure, oxygen level and temperature with an all in one machine which you would think in the 21St century would be connected to the main system by WiFi but nope all needs to be entered by hand in the patients paper record and then fed into the computer system my health board uses Trackcare which one of the nurses was telling also takes time as not only are you inputting the three reading they are also required to answer all sorts of complimentary and unnecessary questions.

Poor management, really poor computer system which was buggy from day one some 12/13 years ago, it seems this hospital today is short 70 staff which means so much extra work for those that are here yet our Scottish government constantly tells us how much better the NHS is up here.

Watching the nursing staff is quite an education on how poorly they are treated one of the trained nurses was telling me she can go a full shift without a break so no food and a time to relax. Then there is the phenomenal amount of paperwork in even the simplest of tasks like taking blood pressure, oxygen level and temperature with an all in one machine which you would think in the 21St century would be connected to the main system by WiFi but nope all needs to be entered by hand in the patients paper record and then fed into the computer system my health board uses Trackcare which one of the nurses was telling also takes time as not only are you inputting the three reading they are also required to answer all sorts of complimentary and unnecessary questions.

Poor management, really poor computer system which was buggy from day one some 12/13 years ago, it seems this hospital today is short 70 staff which means so much extra work for those that are here yet our Scottish government constantly tells us how much better the NHS is up here.
Addenbrookes have hand held devices so when obs are done the nurse scans the wristband and the enters the readings.

Bedford is still using paper though, as are Hinchingbrooke.

Addenbrookes have hand held devices so when obs are done the nurse scans the wristband and the enters the readings.

Bedford is still using paper though, as are Hinchingbrooke.
Wouldn't happen to know what these devices are called?😃😃

A really attractive staff nurse called Emma has just said me "I will not give you one tonight I will leave it until the morning" OK it was in relation to a bottle of Fortisip but that said I really had to bite my tongue and not give an inappropriate response. :blush: :rotfl:

roman rome GIF

I think thats most of way things are going now.
Some people know what i do here (please dont say), and i often go a 12 hour shift without even a toilet break.
In fact the last time i had a meal break (apart from a quick working one 2 weeks ago) was March.

My wife is a nurse (over 33 years in) and she also works for 111 part time and believes that this (111) is a cause for a lot of the pressure put on the NHS. Its something designed to relieve the pressures, but had the opposite effect. If anyone wants to know why i will explain.

I think thats most of way things are going now.
Some people know what i do here (please dont say), and i often go a 12 hour shift without even a toilet break.
In fact the last time i had a meal break (apart from a quick working one 2 weeks ago) was March.

My wife is a nurse (over 33 years in) and she also works for 111 part time and believes that this (111) is a cause for a lot of the pressure put on the NHS. Its something designed to relieve the pressures, but had the opposite effect. If anyone wants to know why i will explain.
Didn't you used to work as a waitress in a cocktail bar?

I'm interested please.

It seems I have become the IT consultant in the ward, a ward full of us oldies, I am connecting phones and tablets to the free WiFi though why it should need name and email address to do so is odd. 😃😃

It seems I have become the IT consultant in the ward, a ward full of us oldies, I am connecting phones and tablets to the free WiFi though why it should need name and email address to do so is odd. 😃😃
Glad to see you're making yourself useful on the ward!

Have you decided what you're going to call the new kitten yet or does he/she already have a name?

Glad to see you're making yourself useful on the ward!

Have you decided what you're going to call the new kitten yet or does he/she already have a nam
It looks like the owner will be keeping her now that she has moved into her housing association address. But that might be a good thing given the unpleasant route my cancer has taken and a kitten may have been more of a challenge than I could comfortably handle.
That said I have been in touch with the charity and may well rehome a much older cat that seems to have been unlucky when I came to being selected for its forever home.😃😃

A really attractive staff nurse called Emma has just said me "I will not give you one tonight I will leave it until the morning" OK it was in relation to a bottle of Fortisip but that said I really had to bite my tongue and not give an inappropriate response. :blush: :rotfl:
You’re so naughty, but I like you ( as per Dick Emery- remember him?)

A patient assistant call buzzer has been sounding for all most 4 hours waiting repair, another example of where the contracting out of hospital maintenance has not worked.
In the ward I am in the ward door door closer needs adjustment as it is slamming the door and the nursing staff put a towel draped on the handles to soften the sound of the door closing at night. The bathroom door handle is becoming unscrewed. These two jobs were reported some months,ago yet still no action taken.

I bet you're sitting there thinking "I wish I'd brought a screwdriver with me..."
Ha ha but you are bloody right, the buzzer I probably couldn't fix but the door closer and handle not a problem.😃😃😃

There's a lovely bloke in the ward, in his 80's with multiple issues with a wife of a similar age. This bloke can barely move but still manages to get himself in some awkward positions and giving the nurses heart attacks as falling over would not be in his best interests. Not a hope that he can look after himself or I doubt his wife could either which really bought it home to me how crappy this country is with our old folk, or rather older folk.

Just been released but no Ubers available so it looks like a bus part of the way anyway.😃😃

Oh joy is me, sitting on the bus trying join the Edinburgh bypass and I see rush hour traffic, it's been many moons since I experienced this.😃😃

I feel as if I‘ve been with you - thanks for letting us in . Hope you got home quickly and had a good rest!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom