Shouldn’t we have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate?

There's also going to be an issue with what passport for what vaccine. I mean, some EU countries aren't using the AZ vaccine for certain age groups. So will my passport be valid to go to France? Or South Africa?
Will we allow passports for vaccines not approved for use in the UK? So visitors from China or Russia?
And what about vaccines for new variants? If we have to have annual boosters for XYZ variant, how's that going to work or be monitored? It's going to be a can of worms, and the more I think about it, the less I'm inclined to think it's going to be workable.
Not really. WHO approves the vaccine and the certificate and that's it. That's the way is has worked for in the past for Small Pox, Yellow fever, Cholera, etc.

As a citizen you don't have to overthink this.

Before you make plans to visit any country you have to check what the entry requirements are.
If they say your International vaccination certificate will be checked and a Covid 19 jab is required, then you make sure you have one.

When I had my covid jab last week they gave me a card with a record of the jab. Four fields were filled in by hand. It's credit card size.

Name
Name of vaccine
Batch number
Date vaccine given

Space also for the same details for the 2nd dose. Photo attached is the reverse of the card.

Attachments

• 1B4FC6E6-D434-442D-A06F-297584175041.jpeg
    1B4FC6E6-D434-442D-A06F-297584175041.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 39
Yeah, I spotted that interesting bit of text about keeping it in your purse or wallet. Like it or not, this could be the start of a COVID passport.

Enjoy life. Protect yourself. **** everyone else!

Interesting to see Israel going down this route for some things. (some quality 😷 action in the picture too)

Comments on article suggest it is not law and everyone should ignore it but they are also full of the standard anti Vax nonsense.

To be honest, I am torn on the idea for domestic stuff but am very much in favour of some sort of system for travel purposes. However, if it were me I would be pretty draconian on international travel for the next couple of years either way until the situation settles down globally.

Last edited:
My dad had his letter through the post 2 days ago and had his first jab yesterday. All very easy and straight forward booking online. The GP called as well to offer an appointment but my dad had already booked by the time they called.

I think the vaccination programme is probably one of not many things we've done really well and can be proud of in this pandemic, probably thanks the nhs having years of experience with other jabs, eg flu jabs every year.

I’ve seen something a bout a 200,000 plus signature petition to parliament about not introducing a ‘Covid passport’ as it would discriminate against those who choose to not have the vaccine.

Which essentially means that the religious and other anti vaccine nutters are attempting to hold back progress on sanity once again.

If you don’t want a vaccine for whatever reason, especially for some medieval gibberish related nonsense or ‘fear’ of a microchip (where does this bullocks come from?), or because of ‘freeeeedom’... then don’t, but shut up stay in and keep the fudge out of the way of modern realty.

Which religions are refusing the vaccines?

Which religions are refusing the vaccines?

I didn't say religions.

I said ‘the religious’, that is, superstitious followers of cults we happily call religions to make the gibberish sound normal.

Here are a couple of links. It’s hardly a secret. The ‘net is your information friend

And if you want the truly swivel-eyed loon contribution see if you can get through this without losing the will to live.

Fair do, although I would only suggest that the religious part is irrelevant as anti vaxxers covers the idiots including those using religion as an excuse

I’m not religious myself but my wife is and from experience I have found that at least from the Catholic Church they are pro vaccines in the whole

I’d honestly not heard of religious people as a whole being against it.

I’d honestly not heard of religious people as a whole being against it.
I'd have to say it's the uneducated/uninformed religious people - meaning they fall for the shit sent to them on WhatsApp about the vaccines using pig, beef, aborted embryos, etc.

How about give people the choice not allow people without the vaccine passport into their premises. Home owners and businesses should have the right to refuse entry to anyone who don't meet entry criteria, whether that be dress code or no vaccine passport.

Equally the customer have a choice where they go and choose to only go to premises that meet the 'no valid vaccine passport no entry criteria'

I'm against the vaccine passport being mandatory, but businesses should be allowed to ask for one before people are let into their premises.

I didn't even get given the card with the type of vaccination, batch no. and date on it after I had my first one.

Vaccine passports will happen - guaranteed. To go to a concert, or travel, or a sports event or a nightclub you'll need one. Some companies may also insist on it (jabs for jobs). It's inevitable, and I've always said so. For this to be effective though is going to be the hard thing. Some countries will insist on it, other's wont, so it will need to be globally recognized - likely electronic in some form. Paper versions maybe investigated, but they're pretty pointless. This is just the beginning - if the concept of a global electronic verification/tag works, it will be expanded into other areas. I can imagine agencies like the FBI/MI5 are literally rubbing their hands in anticipation - because that data would be an absolute gold-mine to them.

Yeah, can’t say I’m bothered about what MI5 want to know about me as I have nothing to hide...

Regardless though, something similar to the driving license situation for car rentals perhaps? No longer do you show your license, instead you get a code which gives a one time verification. Must be a similar thing can be done?

I think a vaccine passport is inevitable if people want to get back to anything like normal this summer.
bottom line, you cant tie people down and forcibly inject them, but you can ask people to get a (voluntary) passport if they want to (voluntarily) travel.

To any who suggest it is against their rights and freedoms, I say what about the rights of a company to keep their staff and other customers safe, or the rights of a country to keep their populace safe from people coming in (or the rights of me to not have to sit next to someone who is choosing to put my life at risk by invading my personal space not vaccinated).

Arguably we shouldnt be travelling abroad any time soon, and should stay local, any foreign travel will be a risk, but perhaps a passport will make that risk manageable.

To those unable to have a vaccine for medical reasons (genuine ones, I dont mean being as lax as those who dont wear a face mask) I suspect there will be a medical exemption.

those who want a vaccine but have been unable to get one, that sucks and i sympathise... perhaps initially at least there could be a proof of negative tests section but even that is not ideal.

But those who choose to refuse a vaccine, but then get uppity about having their personal freedoms limited I have zero sympathy for. Millions of people are taking the vaccine, to keep not only them but others safe, but it isnt a shield.... for the vaccine roll out to be most effective as many people as possible need to be covered as well as possible. (2 people with a 70% effective vaccine sitting next to each other keeps both of them far more safe than only one of them with a 70% effective vaccine)

We need herd immunity to protect those who cant be covered and mass vaccination is the only (sane) way to get herd immunity......... I am with Spok on this one (needs of the many yada yada yada)

Last edited:
I think this will only be an issue this year, it will take that long to get everyone vaccinated.
After that covid becomes just another winter virus that's handled by annual vaccinations like the flu.

It won't matter if someone goes to Spain as all of Spain will be vaccinated, and it won't matter when they return as the UK will be vaccinated.
All that matters is preventing death and stopping hospitals being clogged up with covid patients, and with everyone vaccinated it won't matter if they have the virus or not, they won't get ill and or die.

The vaccine may change every year to control new variants , and they may even find a way to incorporate the normal flu jab into covid vaccine.

This year will be tough for travel, but next year should see us get back to normal.

Might be worth considering using the existing international vaccination documentation for all travel in future. Then we don't have to reinvent a system every time a nasty comes along. Get yourself one of these:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom