should VB put me off buying the ea700

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by DR.J, Mar 12, 2005.

1. DR.J

DR.J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: Hi all
    i have just seen my first PT-AE700 in action, and was very very happy with what i saw . But have been put off by some threads i have read on VB . Don't know enything about VB , I have also read a few threads on dust . Should this make me look at something els .still to see the infoucs 4805 in action . But if the ea700 is out the window what options does that leave me in the £1800 area including a 8 feet screen and good component cables, room 18 feet long not ceiling mounted. Thanks for any advice . :lease:

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    ...if you like it then buy it. Though the 700 does seem more prone to VB than most there are many people who are very happy with it.

Having said that, if you have the chance to audition the 4805 I would. There seem to be a lot of happy owners out there. Also audition the TX100 if you can find it, I'm a similarly happy chappy!

...PJ

3. DR.J

DR.J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks PJTX100 I was very happy with the 700, and nearly did buy it but wanted to see the 4805 first. I have learned from these fourms that all pj have there - and + hope to see the 4805 soon . I would like to look in to the TX100 you mentioned but who makes it . thanks again

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Hitachi PJTX100, see a review here...
    http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/displayreview.php?reviewid=5023

From what I've read there's very little to choose between the performance of the TX100 and the AE700, hence the TX being a few hundred quid cheaper may give it the edge in the value for money stakes. But the recent price drop of the 4805 makes it a tempting option too...PJ