Quantcast

Should TV channels be held responsible for logo damage on Oled

Ibis

Standard Member
Haven't got an oled, but seems to me people are missing a trick. If a tv channel display's a constant logo or replicates logo or similar in the same position and this causes should the consumer be able to claim legal damages against the broadcast company? Maybe a class action would get some to change their ways. There are ways to send realtime scores etc without having to display all the time. Thought this might be worth a discussion.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
No of course not, that would be absurd.

It's entirely your choice and responsibility what you display on your TV. You are in no way forced to watch any particular content source.

Flynch191

And buying an oled is also a choice.

Although I've read these newer oleds have technology to help with preventing these problems from occurring ...although how they stop you watching sky news all day everyday is beyond me. 😉

dts

Distinguished Member
The days of burn in on oled TVs has changed...the manufactures have taken steps to help prevent this.i have a LG 55B7 oled TV since September 20q7 and watch mixed content and game on it.. oled is a different beast to LCD tvs with led backlighting...care and attention is needed like setting up the tvs picture settings...I can honestly say this is the BEST TV I've ever owned...and I haven't experienced any burn in at all...in fact to me the picture seemed to improved since I've had the tv.

Ibis

Standard Member
If a commerical broadcast company has left damage through their logo for example, advertising their brand and that logo is burned onto your screen. They have not made reaonable adjustments to negate damage I think there might a legal case, certainly across the pond.

griffinous

Novice Member
That's why I have stayed with the higher end QLED Samsungs. You still get a sexy picture and are guaranteed against screen burn

Skyehammer

Haven't got an oled, but seems to me people are missing a trick. If a tv channel display's a constant logo or replicates logo or similar in the same position and this causes should the consumer be able to claim legal damages against the broadcast company? Maybe a class action would get some to change their ways. There are ways to send realtime scores etc without having to display all the time. Thought this might be worth a discussion.
If we are to experience the very best televisions money can buy then yes something needs to be done , whether the TV manufacturers make some form of agreement with the broadcasting companies whereby they use a different colour logo or a transparent logo [ I don't know ] or they agree to limit the amount of times that logos are shown -My first choice was an LG B9 but I chose to buy an LED TV as I was scared of my investment developing Burn In .
Very frustrating .

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
No.
The TV should be able to cope with 100% white.
This is the reason I haven't got an OLED plus the 'secreenwashes'.

Top Bottom