1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should the other books be made into films?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by BrianC, Sep 12, 2004.

1. BrianC

BrianC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Not the Hobbit, as that is almost a certaintly, and is more down to Peter Jackson than anything else, but the other books: The Silmarillion and The Unfinished Tales.

As much as I love them they are a little dry - but would this lend them to a better transistion to film? Don't get me wrong I loved Jacksons adapatations of LotR, but it was never going to match up to the expectation of somebody who had read the books countless times. Yet with his less popular, more historically compact collection of short stories would it not be possible to produce something special?

2. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I for one think the Silmarillion would make a great trilogy of films, the origins of the Elves/Dwarves/Melkor/Numenor/Sauron and the first two ages and their respective wars could, if directed well be a greater story than LOTR...

Now all we need is PJ to sign away the next 6 years of his life so he can make The Hobbit and the Silmarillion back to back.... :D :smashin:

Ryan