1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should picture be adjusted in PSM or display?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by PhilB1234, Jul 27, 2005.

1. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been wondering for a while now where is best to make adjustments to the picture for a DVD32r+PSM192 connected via DVI to a Digital Projection iVision HD....
    Should I adjust black level/colour saturation etc in the PSM module or in the projector's menu?
    Is there an adavantage or disadvantage to either?

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Levels may well be very different for each input (my DVD and Sky box are vastly different) so adjust where you can do this individually and only adjust the pj globally afterwards, that way every input should look the same from a colour balance and white/black point of view. Your kit will dictate how you might achieve this.
    I run one cable to the pj from the scaler so all the adjustments are done there to even up the various inputs, then I turn my attention to the pj. Likewsie if your feeding the pj a load of inputs I'd hope that you could set each input individually. Something to look for in any display device really.

3. lenny

lenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Only suggestion:

let your eyes to judge and keep it simple making the each adjustments on one place.

Regards,

Lenny