Should my mate buy this PC??

bladedripper

Distinguished Member
Its for you is'ent it.:devil:

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
Intel X4500 graphics with an AMD Sempron 140 processor?

As well as the specs being impossible they're generally rubbish, that single core processor may be what you'd have to accept if you wanted the cheapest desktop PC at £200-220 but at £380 you shouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

Compare it to the £379 system on Dell's site for example: Dell Inspiron 570 Deals and Evalue Codes with Discount Coupons

Same memory, hard drive and graphics but a processor over three times as fast (!)

Berties

Banned
If it's single core, I'd prefer dual core, with 2GB of RAM with 32bit, rather than single core, 4GB of RAM with 32bit. Can buy this for £370. And for your use, I'd install Ubuntu (use Wine + Photoshop)

Case: Xigmatek Asgard Midi Tower Case - Black
- Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W
- CPU: Intel Core i3 540 3.06GHz (Clarkdale) overclocked to 3.6Ghz
- Motherboard: Gigabyte H55M-UD2H Intel H55 (Socket 1156) DDR3 microATX Motherboard
- Cooler: Intel Approved Cooler
- RAM: Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
- Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache
- Graphics Card: Onboard Intel GMA graphics with HDMI, VGA and DVI outputs or a choice of energy efficient graphics cards
- Sound: High Definition 7.1 Onboard Sound Card
- Optical Drive: LG GH22NS50 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter

Berties

Banned
Somewhere I do not recommend you buy from. Just gave an example for spec/price.

Buy a computer from ebuyer, they're good.

decfsz

Standard Member
If you are specifically wanting a cheap Dell, then it's worth looking on the Dell outlet website where they sell "refurbished" units.
Presumably they are all customer returns or cancelled orders but they have a dell 12 month warranty.

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Wouldn't recommend buying a Dell.

Any particular reasons?

I don't see the problem with buying a Dell, I use a fair few Dell machines at work and have no complaints, used to refurb a lot of Dells in my old job and they were always steady.

Berties

Banned
Try phoning them up on the phone for 1 hour because of the difference in langauge. Repeating again and again, could not understand me nor me him. Could not answer the questions, or just plain wrong. And not including mates experience with Dell either (retail) Business side is good (they have business contract) but not the retail side of Dell.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom