Should I Worry About... Water?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Oct 1, 2004.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

Did anyone watch the BBC1 documentary last night (Thursday 30th September) at 7pm, called "Should I Worry About... Water?"?

I actually found it pretty good and informative. It also showed just how sad, we the public, can be.

The show is on again, in about three weeks time, on late-night BBC1, during their nightly repeats of signed-and-subtitled programmes. It's worth a watch/video recording.

Without ruining it, it basically showed that there's no point or need for anyone to drink at least 2 litres of water a day, as if the body has too much liquid, it all comes out in urine, and if it doesn't have enough, it copes on its own for a few hours, without any major problems. It also debunked one of the myths of mineral/natural water being better than tap water!

Good documentary, all round.

Pooch

2. dennis

dennis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    i could have told you that,i worked for local water co. for 28 years,all our source water came from boreholes into underground springs,pure water but hard as it came from chalk strata,we disinfect and soften it. :thumbsup:

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    I totally agree that bottled water is not necessarily any healthier than tap but I do find it tastes better than most of the tap water in the areas I've lived in.

Its also nice to be able to buy a bottle when you are out rather than drink fizzy drinks and juice all the time.

4. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also, check out the "Penn & Teller: Bullsh*t" episode about bottled water. Very entertaining; especially when they start selling classy bottled water to restaurant patrons, only to let them know after that it's all tapwater.

5. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +838
    i live in brum, and we have fantastic water, i drink at least two pints of it a day and its not done me any harm, although saying that my third testicale was playing up last week :D

no seriously, i only drink bottled water when i'm overseas

Gary