• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Should I wall mount all three front speakers?

alexjholland85

Established Member
Hey,

I own a Panasonic P42X10 and Sony 5.1 cinema kit.

I currently have my plasma on a stand with the front centre speaker underneath, both of which will be wall mounted in the next couple of months - with the centre speaker underneath at ear height.

The left/right front speakers are currently on a desk and chest of drawers on each front corner of the room that happen to place them fowards of the center speaker at an angle, creating a perfect arc.

However this really limits what I do with my room setup - and using standing speaker stands like I have for my rear speakers is not an option.

- How would mounting these two speakers on my wall work out?

They will be flat on the wall (unless I can find stands with arms) and will have to be a few feet above ear level because of my PC stuff underneath.

They will be angled down and inwards, but on a flat wall.

- How will this sound? I think an arc is the best setup, but have seen all three being mounted as an option before.

Would really appreciate your help!

Alex

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
Most people have their speakers all on the same plane rather than in an arc and manage fine. If you run the calibration on the amp for distances etc it should readjust the levels and still sound good. So the advice is, do it!

alexjholland85

Established Member
Brilliant.

I think the best thing to do is wait for my sofa to arrive, measure the room for a diagram - and put it up with photos of my room for you guys to help me design the best setup.

We're going to empty my basement conversion, repaint the whole thing, install TV/speaker mounts then put it all back in - very exciting!

Just a 6-8 week wait for my new black leather sofa..

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom