Should I wait ??

K

KeefyR

Have just been to Comet to buy a digital receiver - was going to be probably the panasonic which looked generally better made than the pace, and has also had good reviews on this forum.
They had plenty of both in stock

However, the guy in the shop ( and yes I know all about the level of expertise of the average comet floorwalker) said that there is a new freeview box launched today (30/10) that would get extra channels because of a deal between the BBC and Sky. These channels would "not" be available on boxes like the Panny.

Now I can't find anything about this anywhere on either the BBCs digital web pages or on the freeview site. My initial reaction is that they don't know what they are talking about. But before parting with cash I thought i'd check up with the experts on this forum. Anyone else heard anything about this ????

Starburst

Novice Member
Not a DTT user yet but I would imagine any DTT box that came after ITVdigital collapsed would be made with no subscription DTT in mind.

Take a look at the Freeview website.

super7

My initial reaction is that they don't know what they are talking about.

Seconded!

There will almost certainly be new boxes, but they will not be able to receive more channels.

I'd be tempted to wait a week or so - the BBC marketing campaign starts next week, so manufacturers may be holding back their new product until then.

Let's hope they look better than the current crop - who would want a Grundig Breadbin under their TV? Probably the main reason I went for an iDTV...

Super7

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom