1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I wait

Discussion in 'TVs' started by gcambo, Jul 3, 2005.

1. gcambo

gcambo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gentlemen.

Having looked at the different TV technologies,and read all you clever peoples submissions in this forum, have decided to buy a DLP, but I belive that Texas Instruments are soon to bring out a new chipset.
    Now should I wait for this, or take the plunge now.
    I have kind of decided on the 46" Toshiba.

2. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Stuff changes so often & new models appear so frequently these days that by the time a new model comes out there will probably already be talk of yet again something new in the pipeline :eek: Then you will find yourself facing the same dilema as to whether you should buy or wait :(

If you have made up your mind then perhaps you should go ahead & buy :D

I have been looking at the Sagem HD-D45 for some time now and advice & comments from members here has made me consider the Samsung SP-50 as a viable option. :rolleyes:

Make sure that you are 100% sure before you take the plunge ! :thumbsup:

3. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    The only "new" chip that's being shipped out at the moment is the HD4 chip which will appear on the new Samsung models including the upcoming SP46L6HX and will probably included on other manufacturers new offerings in time. There is talk of a proposed 1080p chip, possibly designated HD5, but as yet there's not much info on this. Like J80FAB says technology is always evolving and something new is always just around the corner, if decide to wait for the next big thing then you'll be waiting forever. If DLP is right for you I suggest finding the best set that you like and enjoy.

4. Tarbat

Tarbat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    Although note that in the US, TVs using the new "HD5" 1080p chip are about to be released. Pre-orders are already being taken by tvauthority.

So, if you believe that the next big step forward in DLP technology is the move to using a 1080p chip, then you might want to wait a year. Otherwise, I don't see anything new on the horizon to stop you buying now.

5. Anthall

Anthall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yes wait mate. Come back same time next year and get a new "TV" then.

Cheers, bye.

:thumbsup:

Monday blues :(

6. gcambo

gcambo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank's for the advice gent's, have decided to first check out the new 46" Samsung that the Currys salesman say's is due in stock in a couple of weeks. :thumbsup: