should i wait for new proj

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by stegalv, Mar 27, 2006.

1. stegalv

stegalv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    getting upgradeitus with my panny ae300 projector,but should i wait? anyone know how long before a hidef player and films are going to be generally available at reasonable costs.
    i have noticed most of the projectors are 720p/1080i is this regarded as the res hidef dvds are going to be released in or will we all be upgrading to 1080p

2. Peter Parker

Peter Parker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,449
    We're just starting to see 1080 projectors coming onto the market now, so this time next year we should have a few more. I believe Toshiba HD DVD players will be out at the end of May, so again, in about a year we should have more movies available and Blu Ray will be here too (possibly :) )

I don't know if movies will be 1080, 720 or if they will vary depending on the content and what the director/authoring people want.

Gary.

3. throwit

throwit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    i'm waiting for a couple of things, the first is to be less skint, and the second is led projectors "oh will you stop going on about bloody led projectors !"

i have a suspicion that in around twelve months there'll be this mysterious, un-announced rash of proper proper led units