1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I use the LCD's speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by dpoulson, Sep 24, 2005.

1. dpoulson

dpoulson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've decided to treat myself and upgrade my viewing pleasure with a nice LCD and sound system.

So far I've got a Yamaha Rx-V457 receiver and NSP110 speakers, and I've just ordered a Relisys RLT3200 LCD.

The question is, do I use the LCD's own set of speakers as the front ones, and use one of the NSP110 front speakers as a surround back, carry on using the NSP110 set for all the speakers and do away with the LCD's set, or do I use both the LCD's and NSP110s in the front?

Which leads to a second question, why are there two sets of front speaker outputs(A + B)? Are there any benefits?

Cheers,

Darren.

2. mr_seanstanley

mr_seanstanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

Mute the lcd speakers. they will be rubbish. even on more expensive lcds the speakers are pretty bad. Using them as the front would also mean tonal mismatches between the speakers (noticeable when sounds pan around).
    I assume you are referring to the a+B outputs on the amp? in this case they are for either running two sets of speakers, e.g. another pair in another room, or for biwiring the front L+R.