1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I use S-video or a RGB scart splitter

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by stevie-c, Sep 6, 2005.

1. stevie-c

stevie-c
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My TV has one RGB enabled scart socket and one s-video scart socket. I wish to connect both a dvd player and SKY+ box. Would I be better off connecting one of the boxes via S-video or would a scart splitter be the better option in terms of picture quality? Is there any loss of picture quality when using a splitter. Can anyone recommend a good quality one?
    Cheers.

2. baldrick

baldrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +247
  3. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,258
    You may find the difference isn't that great. The diff with my Sony CRT TV wasn't substantial between S-Video and RGB SCART.
    In the end I've bought a B-Tech Quintro+ SCART switch so I can feed RGB from all my sources to the TV and PJ simultaneously - costs about £70 and is well worth is for 4 RBG inputs into 1 or 2 outputs

4. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I don't think it's a SCART Splitter that you need, although the Active Video Buffer would do this job fantastically well. What you actually require is the Master SCART Controller. It won Accessory of the year with What Video Widescreen TV magazine, so you know it's the very best you can get. This will allow for Sky + and the DVD player to share the one RGB SCART you have on the TV.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.