1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i use it now?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by gunner84, Sep 15, 2005.

1. gunner84

gunner84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    hi

ive got a 37"pv500 plasma which im running in, proberly clocked up about 12 hours so far.

i just wanted to know if it is recommended to connect my oppo dvd player now and watch some dvds whenever or would it damage my plasma while still only new.

or should i wait till ive clocked up some more hours as ive still got all my settings low while running in.

cheers

2. ddlooping

ddlooping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi. :)

I don't think you run any risk of damaging your PV500, unless you watch DVDs in 2:35 ratio (black bar at top & bottom) for hours on end. ;)

3. Daipac

Daipac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have a new 37PV500 and as long as you keep the contrast and brightness under halfway and switch it from Dynamic to Normal or Cinema for the first 200 hours you will be fine.

From day 1 I have been playing Xbox games in HD, watching DVDs, using my PC via VGA, etc.

Stop worrying about damaging it and just enjoy it. They are robust products at the end of the day and if you did damage it because you use it for the sole reason it was produced then I would be pretty narked !