Should I upgrate my Pioneer VSA-E06?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Leon Rees, Jun 1, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Leon Rees

Leon Rees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a Pioneer VSA-E06 for around three years now. I use it in a 5.1 set up... for those unfamiliar with the VSA-E06, it was Pioneer's top of the range amp about three years ago 5x100w, DD5.1 only, THX (before ultra/select)

While I'm happy with the amp, I can't help feeling it's time to move on... particularly to take advantage of DTS soundtracks.

In case it makes a difference, the my speakers are...

Front : Paradigm Monitor 9 (floorstanders)
    Centre : Paradigm CC350
    Rears : Paradigm Monitor 7 (floorstanders)
    Sub : REL Strata II (soon to be 2)

The room is 30x16, but I only use about 18x16 for my set up. I almost never play music on the system.

Budget not too important, but ideally I'd like to keep it under £2500 unless there's a really good reason to spend more. Due to space restrictions in my equipment rack, I'd really like to go for an integrated product.

So, should I upgrade? Will I see a big difference with something like a Denon AV1SE? What else would you recommend?

I'm looking to move forward quickly, so any input greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Leon

You milked a cat?

2. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buy the AVC-A1SE, it will be better. I can make the "better" statement without any fear of contradiction. I upgraded from a VSA-E06 to AVC-A1D and I have no regrets. The VSA-E06 was a good amp but a little bit sharp sounding, the Denons have a lot more warmth to them and seem better across the whole frequency range, more sounds are opened up to the ears, there is better definition.

I will be jealous of you.

3. MarkB

MarkB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Leon
    I can stamp my seal of approval on the AVC-A1SE also. It really is superb.
    Mark

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't own one - but it is a fantastic integated amp. If it's one box you want then this is that box.
    No doubt