Should I upgrade

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by nlel, Feb 20, 2014.

1. nlel

nlel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Currently have a 50" Samsung Series 4 Plasma that I bought approx. 4 years ago for £ 490ish. The Plasma isn't the best there are some visual defects which tend to disappear when the TV has been on awhile and its only 1080i, no 3D or smart features and standard freeview not freeview HD.

Thinking of upgrading to a Sony 50" Smart 3D LED KDL50W829B for about £ 750 ex VAT, I have the money in my bank account ready to be spent and I am just waiting to pull the trigger.

Would it be a worthwhile exercise to replace my 50" Samsung Plasma with the W8 Sony?

2. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Have you had a demo of the sony? Only you will know if it's better enough to be worth it

3. nlel

nlel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Decided to upgrade after all, and have just ordered a TX-P42ST60B downsizing from a 50" Plasma as I felt it was a bit too big for my room viewing at about 7-8 feet away. I do game but am not hard core enough to worry about input lag.

4. nlel

nlel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Just managed to sell my Samsung 50" Plasma for £ 100, they go on eBay at auction from between £ 185 to £ 250 ish but mine had some minor defects whereby facial tones were distorted until the TV warmed up a bit and it had horrible Image Retention but that wasn't permanent.

The way I look at it is that if I had traded it in I might have got £ 100 knocked off the price of my new TV so am happy with £ 100 and its gone now it was such a heavy beast!