Should I upgrade my EU55HU7500 TV?

SanderM3

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a UE55HU7500 TV set that I bought about 3 years ago (I think). While I do like this TV set I do have some issues with it:

1. Sometimes motion blur is very visible for me. I see it but my wife can't see it, ever.
2. Sometimes when there's a very bright object in a scene, (for example, the sun, through a window) it looks like everything surrounding the bright object is much brighter than intended too. It's not a big issue but it's very visible if the "surrounding objects" are for example people's heads.

These are the main "issues" I'm facing with my old TV set and I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading to a new one these days?

I'm thinking about the QE55Q9F (2018 model).

Would that be a good buy for me? Or do you guys think I better go for an OLED TV?

About OLED I read that it's less bright and colors on the QLED are better. Also OLED can burn-in, right?

Any buying advice will be appreciated much!

You can include the LG OLED C8 in your short list.

Check the video for a detailed comparison with the Q9FN

After watching this review I'm thinking the Q9FN is better compared to the OLED C8.

But he dit not talk about motion blur and I assume an OLED doesn't suffer from motion blur issues like any LED tv?

Damn, it's difficult to choose :(

Both stunning, but overpriced at the moment. Both have reviews on here that are in-depth and worth reading.

If I was into gaming I would personally go for the Samsung; if gaming not your thing OLED if only for viewing angles. The only reason Samsung push QLED is that they don't want to buy panels in from LG or don't want to spend a small fortune producing an OLED panel themselves.

I'm not into gaming and still leaning towards the Q9F because in all reviews I hear them talking about burn-in issues on the OLED TV's and most reviews seem to recommend the Q9F because of the colors etc...

Still not sure. Maybe I should try to find a show where I can see them playing side-by-side myself.

Do you guys think upgrading to an QLED or OLED tv will be a huge difference versus the TV I own now? (UE55HU7500)

Can’t seem to confirm, but I believe your current tv doesn’t support HDR?

If so, and you can access or intend to access supported content then both will be a great upgrade. Value for money currently is a totally different matter - C8 and Q9 overpriced as so new. I’d wait until prices come down

My current TV set does indeed not support HDR.

I'm thinking about ordering the Q9F now. I just hope the motion blur issues I'm seeing with my current set will be improved so I don't see it on the Q9F anymore then.

I guess I can return it and take the C8 instead in case this is still an issue with the Q9F.

My current TV set does indeed not support HDR.

I'm thinking about ordering the Q9F now. I just hope the motion blur issues I'm seeing with my current set will be improved so I don't see it on the Q9F anymore then.

I guess I can return it and take the C8 instead in case this is still an issue with the Q9F.

Why not go to a retailer and see for yourself?

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom