Should i upgrade a Pioneer 626D to Pioneer 646A?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GarethH, Oct 26, 2001.

1. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'm fed up, my parents Toshiba 100E kicks my Pioneer 626D for picture quality. I think its that 540 Line res thing or something.

I can get a Pioneer 646A for £400 from HomeCinemaheaven, but i'm just not sure if its worth upgrading!

What do you think?

Is there anyone that has previously owned a Pioneer 626D, what did you upgrade to and was it worth it?

Thanks

Gareth H

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Are you sure that your Pioneer is set up correctly as any picture difference between it and a Toshiba 100E should be marginal if any.

Have you tried yours through your parents TV to compare like with like

I have an even older Pioneer 606 which gives superb pictures through s-video and although I have purchased a new Pioneer 545 (today) I do not expect it to give much better pictures and have only bought it as it plays rewritable cds and the silver colour has more WAF.

If there is a great difference in picture quality I will let you know but somehow I doubt it.

Ian

3. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    To be honest, the colour definition on my Pioneer was better, but the Toshiba just looked amazingly sharp. Normally i can see the scan lines on my Pioneer, but the Toshiba was much much less. I heard the new Pioneers have a 540 Line res, but i'm not sure if its the same as the Toshiba!